Mopeds in movies
This page is intended to be a list of representations of mopeds in mainstream and alternative movies.
Additional video listings can be found on this Wiki Page: :Mopeds in Videos
Mopeds in movies (in chronological order)
- Help! (1965) 
- A 3 wheeled cargo moped with knife sharpening attachment is seen in the beginning of the movie.
- Ski Party (1965) 
- There is a chase scene involving a moped.
- Jaws (1975) 
- When panning to the beach in the beginning. A boy pushes past a red moped.
- Car Wash (1976) 
- One of the crew of the car wash rides an orange Vespa Ciao.
- After getting out of jail Bruno passes a Peugot TSA
- The Deep (1977) 
- Nick Nolte and Jaqueline Bisset are riding matching mopeds with baskets on the front as they are chased by Haitian drug dealers through the streets of an island town in the Bahamas.
- Jaws 2 (1978)
- Throughout the entire movie, we see mopeds cruising around Amity Island. As chief Brody heads to the Mayor’s office, we see a yellow moped cruise past him, what looks to be a yellow Batavus HS50, along with another HS50 - this one a top-tank model, leaning against a lightpost. Followed by another stepthru moped cruising behind him, most likely another Batavus due to contextual evidence as the movie progresses, however, this second Moped has the stock handlebars that Maxi’s also came with.
In a later scene, as tensions begin to rise once again now that there are unanswered attacks off of the beach, Mayor Vaughn takes Property investors and members of the development board to the boardwalk to propose new construction plans. There, we see the Mayor pass a moped rental hut to discuss his disdain for the chief with the head of the development board, You can easily see a banner branded ‘BATAVOS’ on the front of the hut. Behind him, you can make out a Batavus Bronco. In the next scene shortly after the mayor’s dialogue, Ellen Brody entertains the other board members as a teenager wheels by a red stepthru Batavus HS50 (pictured Below) and another with a yellow version of the same model (too rapid to capture on my television. Though my personal research has not yet yielded such confirmation, it’s easy to say that Batavus had a licensing/sponsorship deal with the producers of this film.
- Apocalypse Now (1979) 
- During the famous "Flight of the Valkyries" raid scene, a black Velosolex can be seen leaning against a stone wall.
- Xanadu (1980) 
- Dude rides a Vespa Grande to chase down a rollerbabe.
- Midnight Madness (1980) 
- The white (nerd) team rides mopeds as their team vehicle.
- Dressed to Kill (1980) 
- Main character's son rides a blue Motobecane, and uses it covertly to take pictures, while investigating a murder.
- Diva (1981) 
- Main character rides around on a yellow Motobecane 88 LC (?) , then gets chased by a car through Paris and a subway on a ‘race’ Malaguti Firebird.
- Tron (1982) 
- A moped is shown in the distance and then zooms by the arcade
- Risky Business (1983) 
- There are multiple mopeds throughout the movie. A blue Vespa Ciao can be seen riding past a group of guys in front of Joell's house at 1:08:25 through 1:08:28. The same Ciao is seen again, accompanied by a gray Grande deluxe, at 1:09:31 through 1:09:36.
- Strange Brew (1983) 
- Jean "Rosie" LeRose, a fictional hockey player, rides a Vespa Grande moped.
- National Lampoon's Vacation (1983) 
- Middle of movie, a yellow and a red hobbit are in the background when the family is having a picnic.
- War Games (1983) 
- Matthew Broderick's girlfriend rides a Derbi moped.
- The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984) 
- When John Lithgow is talking to his minions gathered in a warehouse towards the end of the film, a purple Vespa Si is sitting on a crate in the background.
- The Jewel of the Nile (1985) 
- Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner almost run over a guy on a moped with a fighter jet.
- The Dirt Bike Kid (1985) 
- Shows two girls on Honda Express's flirting with the main kids best friend while he is trying to show off on his friends yz80.
- National Lampoon's European Vacation (1985) 
- Mopeds in background in France and Italy. e.g.: @ 1:26:11
- The Manhattan Project (1986)
- People riding mopeds meet up with a teen that made an atomic bomb with plutonium stolen from a scientist dating his mom.
- Full Metal Jacket (1987) 
- During the first street scene in Vietnam, many mopeds (and scooters) are being ridden around in the background.
- Parenthood (1989) 
- Two mopeds parked on the grass of a college campus during a dream Steve Martin has about his son.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) 
- The pizza deliveryman rides a moped.
- La Femme Nikita (1990) 
- red Peugeot 103 in back ground in the ending of the movie
- Night on Earth (1991) 
- Three mopeds, including an Italian moped, are visible in a scene set in Rome.
- The Northerners (1992) 
- A red Kreidler moped can be seen throughout the film.
- The Specialist (1994) 
- The grocery delivery boy uses a blue Yamaha qt to drop off food to Stallone's secret workshop
- Amos & Andrew (1993) 
- The pizza delivery girl rides a blue Sears Free Spirit 1 to deliver pizza to Nicholas Cage.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000- Laserblast
- Season 8, Episode 6, (1996) : A red Batavus VA50 is ridden and can be seen in several scenes.
- Run Lola Run (1998) 
- Lola has her moped stolen when she is supposed to pick up her boyfriend Manni.
The New Millennium
- American Pie 2 (2001) 
- Features a Velosolex 6000. Stifferman's brother rides a moped, others shout, "A moped!"
- Sex and Lucia (Lucía y el Sexo) (2001) 
- Lucia uses a moped to get around on a small island.
- The Dangerous Lives of Alter boys (2002) 
- Sister Assumpta rides a flat green honda PA50 II, also, on the back of one of the kids comics right before that scene, there is an ad for a moped.
- Lara Croft Tomb Raider II (2003) 
- There is a black Velosolex parked in the background at the begining of the sceine when Chen Lo's men are going to hand off the orb to Jonathan Reiss.
- Spiderman II (2004) 
- Peter Parker delivers pizzas on a yellow Puch Newport. The moped is crushed by a speeding car. Later he is working on it in his apartment and his wheel bounces out of his window. Here's an old post from the forums about the mopeds used in this movie.
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005) 
- Modified red Velosolex mopeds are used to post flyers citywide.
- Syriana (2005) 
- Several mopeds can be seen parked as the camera follows a taxi through the streets of Beirut, Lebanon. These mopeds appear to be mostly Motobecane or Peugeot. Most of these mopeds modified with a padded seat on the luggage rack for passengers.
- Little Athens (2005) 
- a few scenes of a faded blue 1950's? Mobylette? 1st scene is of a boy peddling the moped near a public pool with the kickstand upright. another is of the character Corey selling it to a friend for rent, who rides it around hap-hazardly for a spell, who also purchases it, and gives Corey a ride back.
- The Devil and Daniel Johnston (2005) 
- Daniel leaves his sister's house, where he had been staying, on a moped and joins a carnival. A Puch Magnum (?) can be seen propped against a carnival food stand in one scene.
- C.R.A.Z.Y. (2005) 
- The main caracter is hit by a car while driving his moped.
- Batman Begins (2006) 
- Two or three mopeds of unknown make can be seen driving through an ally in the rain at the beginning of the scene where Batman meets the Scarecrow for the first time.
- Emma's Bliss (2006) 
- One of the main protagonists pleasures herself by riding on a motobecane(?) with an off kilter variator.
- Little Miss Sunshine (2006) 
- When the father's van breaks down he borrows a Puch maxi to ride 23 miles and confront his business partner.
- Live Free or Die (2006) 
- The cover shows two men riding double on a 60's Puch Allstate, but it is never appears in the movie. Nearing the end of the movie Rugged rides a Columbia Commuter and Lagrand rides red Motomarina Sebring. Earlier in the movie a Puch Maxi, Motomarina Sebring, and Pacer can be seen as Rugged's landlord wrenches on one.
- Into The Wild (2007) 
- A man is seen wrenching on an worn blue Rizzato Calliffo in the camper park.
- Rendition (2007) 
- Just hundreds and hundreds of mopeds. Too many to count. The character Khalid rides a black Motobecane throughout the film. Treats headlight stickers can be seen on several mopeds.
- Be Kind Rewind (2008) 
- Starring Jack Black/Mos Def. The junkyard owner, Wilson, takes off on a Maroon Puch Maxi.
- You Don't Mess With The Zohan (2008) 
- Early in the movie, a Puch Magnum can be seen parked in front of a Vespa in the background.
- Get Smart (2008) 
- In approximately the middle of the movie right before they take off in the Ferrari a moped is seen propped up against a building amongst a few other bicycles.
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Buttom (2008) 
- Near the end of the film the main character rides a red Honda cub or Motobecane while traveling in India.
- Milk (2008)
- Within the first 15 minutes of the film there is a full-screen picture of a nun riding a Vespa Ciao through the streets of San Francisco.
- Body Of Lies (2008) 
- Around 16 minutes in a number of vintage mopeds can be seen parked along the streets along with a few later on. An informant is injured by gunfire while pedaling away on a Peugeot 103. Most of the mopeds seen are older Motobecane or Peugeot models including av88s, 50v's and 103s.
- Crank 2
- High Voltage (2008) : A Guy on a Tomos sprint rescues the main character Chevy Chelios.
- The Auteur (2008) 
- A yellow Honda Express can be seen in front of the video store.
- Miracle at St. Anna (2008) 
- There is a Vespa Ciao and another ped parked on the street in Italy right after the scene with John Leguizamo
- Mr. Nobody (2009) 
- The main character, Nemo, age fifteen, is riding and crashes a Honda Novio.
- Iron man 2 (2010) 
- Scene 1 right before you see Ivan, there is a 78' Puch Sport LS.
- Knight and Day (2010) 
- At the end of the movie a moped can be seen among a few small hondas and a vespa scooter on a beach in Mexico.
harry potter and the deathly hollows (2011?) no video. when mr. weasley is talking to harry in there house before the deatheaters attacked, there is what looks like a jawa in the background, among his many other muggle artifacts.
- Just Go With It (2011) 
- 1:17:38 Just before Eddie and Palmer go on their "date" where Eddie gives a sheep mouth to mouth. 1971 Peugeot 103
- Everything Must Go (2010) 
- Thirty-five minutes into the movie. Will Farrell is getting Chinese food delivered to his house. He is kicked out by his wife though, and is waiting for it on his front lawn. Looks like the Chinese food delivery guy is driving a Honda Hobbit. -Tony Sarandrea
- Promised Land (2012) 
- There is an orange moped in the scene where they (Matt Damon and Frances McDormand) first arrive in town and visit the small store, and again when they visit the store.
- Nymphomaniac part 1 (2013)
: (Shia LaBeouf) tries to start a blue Puch MS50 before taking the main characters virginity.He forgot to turn on the petcock the fool.
- Blue Caprice (2013)
 There are a couple scenes of a Puch Magnum UPS
- Captain America - Civil War (2016)
: Several mopeds which appear to be Peugeot 103's (or 102's) are seen in several shots through the opening sequence set in Lagos while the Avengers are pursuing Crossbones.
- Nefta Football Club (2019)
: This short film prominently features an MBK Phenix with Yamaha branding as well as other mopeds and a moped shop.
- MUSIC VIDEO
- 200,000 by The Rocket Summer : In the music video the singer rides a Puch.
- MUSIC VIDEO
- Love Dont Die by The Fray (2013) : In the music video at the very end scene, one of the band members is seen pedaling and riding away on a Puch Maxi.