Repair tutorial videos
From Moped Wiki
This article is a collection of links to moped-related repair videos. Please feel free to link to any repair videos you have made. If you haven't made any, get to work already! A picture says a thousand words, but a video says a million.
- Information about the functions of the pieces of a Bing carburetor (can also apply to other carburetor brands).
- How to remove a Bing carburetor from a Puch Maxi (can also be applied to other mopeds).
- How to remove the top half of a Bing carburetor.
- How to take apart a Bing carburetor.
- Instructions for cleaning a Bing carburetor (can also be applied to other carburetor brands).
- Instructions for reassembling a Bing carburetor.
- How to reattach a Bing carburetor to a Puch Maxi (can also apply to other mopeds).
- Adjusting the idle speed and air intake speed screws on a Bing carburetor.
- How to install the throttle cable on a Bing carburetor.
- How a Dellorto choke functions and how to take one apart/put it back together.
- How to adjust the choke release on a Dellorto carb.
- Adjusting the idle screw and throttle cable on a Dellorto carb.
- All about moped spark plugs.
- How to locate and remove a moped spark plug.
- How to check and adjust moped spark plugs.
- A demonstration of how to clean the ignition points on a moped.
- A repair video for Tomos ignition -- direct wiring and spark test.
- Puch ZA50 disassembly NOT using factory Puch tools.
- A quick tear down of the second speed drive gear and some talk about the shift dampeners (pucks) on the Puch ZA50.
- A video about the operation of the Puch ZA50 starter clutch cable operation.
- An overview of the flywheel, points, transmission, and how to replace the transmission fluid on a Tomos A3 motor.
- How to port match a moped.
- A complete engine rebuild on a 77 Motobecane 50 V model.
- This has the potential to be a great resource for repair tutorial videos. Hopefully this will be updated and have many new producers and shows soon, so stay tuned! Current repair videos include: (click on the "on demand" button to browse the available videos)
- A whole series of videos on Batavus Repair. Current repair videos include:
- The Batavus is Bad Video
- The Tools of the Trade
- The Great Batavus Clutch Mod
- Encarwi Carb Tutorial
- Learn about the history and origins of mopeds.
- Yuppers, mopeds get great gas mileage.
- An online follow-up to a Wired Magazine article featuring mopeds. See the forum post about it. Videos include:
- A YouTube video showing how to install a tire on a moped.
- An overview of Tomos mopeds.