Piston Clip Tips-
- Install piston pin clips in the 12 o'clock position (open end towards the crankshaft side).
- Don't "corkscrew" them in because you can alter the shape and make the tail easier to pop out.
- Don't nick the clips up with needle nose pliers because it provides a potential place for a failure in the tensile strength of the steel.
- Make sure you use square edge clips in square grooves, round/wire clips in round grooves. There are two types of clips and grooves.
- When using tru-arc type snap-ring clips (with the holes), there is a sharp side and a rounded side from when they stamp them out. I always insert them with the sharp side out.
- And never, NEVER reuse them.