The Moped BBQ is an event held each Memorial Day in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Sponsored by the Decepticons, it is known for its No-Rules Race and for continually being the largest moped rally held in the United States.
Prior to BBQ 10 in 2003, Moped BBQ events were held twice yearly in Kalamazoo, on Memorial Day and Labor Day. The main BBQ event has been held in a number of locations in the past, including Moped Manor, The Space, and 1977 Mopeds.
In 2000, the Kalamazoo Gazette wrote an article about the Moped BBQ event entitled "'Swarm and Destroy' is Motto of Moped Army".
Some events held in the past have included:
- The No-Rules Race. The format and length changed throughout the years.
- Circa BBQ 6, members showed having reached each checkpoint by gathering fliers, and the first to return to the starting point with all the fliers won.
- By BBQ 10, each checkpoint had fewer fliers, resulting in an elimination-style race. Helmets were required.
- The race at BBQ 13 was held in the student ghetto, in a small circle of city blocks, which resulted in unforeseen congestion and moped pile-ups.
- Mo-lympics, a series of events held for several years consecutively at Spring Valley Park. Events included carburetor rebuilds, Solex Toss, slow race, pedal race, and trick riding.
- The BBQ itself, held on Memorial Day. In earlier days this was held at Moped Manor; in later years adjacent to 1977 Mopeds.
- Occasionally the BBQ rally has ended unofficially with rides to the beach at South Haven.