Good Sellers Vs Bad Sellers
This page was created to provide some background information on people with whom you may be interested in conducting business. You may contribute to it by posting your buying experience with a particular person.
If you wish to add a new person to this list, you will see a template of sorts in the wiki code. Make a copy of it and fill in the relevant information. If the name has been posted once, simply add a comment to their existing entry.
Granted that everyone can edit and delete names and such. It is recommended that you check the revisions for such deletions. If you attempt to remove yourself from this page, the information will be reverted and a note will be added informing others that you have attempted a censoring. If you feel there is an unjust claim made here, contact the person who made the claim and ask them to remove it. If that fails, make your edit but leave a detailed comment in the 'summary' field before submitting.
- 1 Bad Sellers
- 2 Good Sellers
- 2.1 Andrew Browning
- 2.2 Angelo
- 2.3 Brad Smith
- 2.4 Brian Berends
- 2.5 Chris Straub
- 2.6 Dan Ackroyd
- 2.7 Daniel Mol
- 2.8 Don hale
- 2.9 Ed Exline
- 2.10 Ian Rose
- 2.11 Jason Kluczyk
- 2.12 Jason Thibodeau
- 2.13 Jesse Bechtold
- 2.14 Joel Dohmer
- 2.15 Joey G. (Gautheri)
- 2.16 Jordan Newren
- 2.17 Ken Roff
- 2.18 Kevin Mueller
- 2.19 Larry Shaber
- 2.20 Mad Mike
- 2.21 Mark Hand
- 2.22 Max Mojo
- 2.23 Michael Talbert
- 2.24 Mick R. from the Baltards
- 2.25 MopeHeads Ethan
- 2.26 Mopedlar
- 2.27 Rob Kain
- 2.28 Rob Meek
- 2.29 Eric Hunt
- 2.30 Raniel Dantic
- 2.31 Terry Gerker
- 2.32 Tim Ostrom
- 2.33 Vlado
- 2.34 Weak-Ends Tj
- 2.35 William from the Hot n Readyz in Chicago
- AKA: defconc
- Ripped me off $40 for E50 cases ported for polini. NEVER send any paypal payment as "gift" you will not be able to file a claim with paypal. - Dl125
Daniel Omri Rivera
- AKA: Omri
- Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, leftovercyanide
- Location: CHICAGO, IL
- Sold me a vespa variator, been three weeks no contact or refund. - Jesse007b
- Danny got me for $45 on Oct. 1, 2011 shoulda read this first. it was a strange conversation we had. shoulda went with my gut on this one. oh well!
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Lawrence, KS.
- He will take any and every opportunity to screw you over, and is a generally shitty human being. Be very cautious when if you decide to make a deal with him, but I would highly recommend against ever acknowledging his existence. - Trogdor
- AKA: davychrist
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Location: Sioux Falls, SD
- David got me for 170 bucks for a gila kit. Then had the audacity to say that since paypal refunded my money, there shouldn't be a problem.. Do not buy from this guy. - Dgma
- Yep me too 60 bucks on ebrs after I paid him no response and never saw anything-- really great guy, karma will get him, don't buy anything from david - Braddd123
- Notes: Both David Christianson (davychrist) and John Porter (johnybrovo) have attempted to censor this page to remove claims against Davy.
Garret, Scott Behm
- AKA: Gsb 50
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Appleton, WI
- Had one good transaction, and then sent money for wheels as a second transaction. It's been 2 months and I haven't received a refund or the wheels. Claims he has no time to ship. - Karl Schuttler (freixenet)
- AKA: jaymill
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Snohomish, WA.
- He took my money for what he claimed were mint parts. 'minty vario covers' (original thread for reference http://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,2918933,2918933#msg-2918933). He didn't send the parts. I e-mailed him. He said he'd send the parts. He didn't. I opened a PayPal dispute just before the 45 day claim period was up. He still didn't send the parts. I escallated the dispute to a claim after giving him a week. He finally sent the parts. I get them 2 months later and they are anything buy mint. One of two covers will work. The second cover is trash. Buyer Beware. - sk8bones
- Bought an A3 flywheel off him in Sept '11. Said his motor went missing and refunded my money. PM's me 3 days later saying his neighbor stole the motor and he got it back. Said I could still have the flywheel if I wanted. So I paypal'd him at the same address as I did before. He e-mails me the next day saying to paypal him under a new paypal e-mail address because his account is under review from paypal because someone has a claim out on him. He says he can't refund me because his account is locked. Refused to communicate further. I can't cancel the payment because I sent as personal payment by accident instead of for services. Do not buy from this kid. Very shady. - Shobeaker
- I Bought an A3 motor from him and was told I was going to get tracking info on it the next day. I waited a week no emails or anything so I filed a claim on him and got a nasty reply saying I was trying to scam him. He decided to get a new Paypal and, when I won the claim I was only refunded half of my money! Deal with him at your own risk. - Puch_man78
- AKA: sfcmtz
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: San Francisco
- Made lots of posts about different things for sale. Had pictures etc. Sent him a partial payment for a part. Said he would get back to me the next day with a shipping quote and never did. Two weeks later I'm filing a paypal claim. He's been talking to people I know about other parts he has "for sale" just yesterday which would put him still talking to others but not responding to me at 2 weeks. I sent multiple emails, made a very cordial post trying to get in touch with him on MA and waited very patiently. NOTHING. People in SF say they aren't familiar with him. He's continuing to log into MA but still not responding to me. DO NOT send Nick Ebert any money. If you do certainly do not send it as a gift, send it as payment for goods so you have recourse - imthepilot
- AKA: Robbie B
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: Lafayette, New Jersey
- Beware of this guy. I Listed a request for some Tomos parts and he PMd me right away. Had a few day long conversation via PM and ironed out details. Sent him a Postal Money Order to cover cost. Only sent MO because of the low price for the random parts. Received confirmation of receipt of payment and have spent 2 months trying to get the parts. No longer acknowledges emails, PMs or phone calls. Payed another seller for the parts after waiting 7 weeks with no response to any attempted contact. All I want is my money back. - Kevin Carl
- I can't believe I just got here to put this guy's name on the list and he's already here. Fuckin' A. Same deal, I spent a while conversing back and forth with him and he assured me over the phone that he was a "stand up guy" and wasn't going to screw me over. That should have been the first warning sign. He also "didn't have a camera" so he couldn't take a picture of the engine he was selling me (even though he has two pictures in his profile), warning sign number two. Finally he doesn't do paypal because he was "screwed over" in the past and therefore only takes money orders. In any case, he sent me the engine, but it was completely seized, rusted, and useless. He said it was in good condition and came off a running bike... honestly, if he was planning on fucking me over like this, why even spend the money to ship the engine? This guy is really a piece of work. All I want is my money back. - Joseph Gummer
- Notes: "Robbie B" (Mopedparts) has attempted to censor this page to remove claims against himself.
- AKA: puchlovr
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Bought a v1 motor from him. I asked him if it had a needle bearing or brass bushing. He told me needle bearing. I received the motor and it had a brass bushing and it had been damaged in shipping due to quite possibly, the worst packaging job on the face of the planet. It had been wrapped in one single layer of the most thin bubble wrap you can find. Cylinder studs had not been removed so they were bent. Fan stuff was floating around in the box so the fan items were cracked/broken. I asked for a $50 refund to replace all of the broken parts, he offered me $20 (if you can find a used, in good shape v1 fan for $20 let me know!) which I accepted because I was tired of dealing with him. Good communication skills but absolutely lacking in the shipping/packaging department. - Ryan N.
- AKA: 240punk, hellamopeds, poochypuch, SteveOH, sTv, SteveOH, "Sam Huffman"
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000340381384
- Location: Tustin, CA; Austin, TX
- Possible Picture: link
- Transaction is a no go and still has my money for a dellorto carb and airbox. Seems to be on site daily but doesn't answer e-mails or responds. Send me my money! claims it cost to much to ship. should have thought of that before ripping people. This isn't charity Stevo. Dated 04/25/2011 - Double
- It is now May 6, no mail, no money. This guy is a real putz. Beware of shoddy dealings. Lists here under SteveOH or sTv, 240 punk, poochypuch, Sam Huffman. Do not deal with him, you will lose your money! Another week we are now at May 21st, still a douche. - Double
- NOW HAS A NEW HANDLE ... STEPHEN H OR hellamopeds. Still has my money as of July 25th., Aug 15th, still nothing from this fuck. Sept 9 hope he rots if fucking hell. Nov 4 the fuck stick is still out there scamming people. - Double
- WARNING!! WARNING!! WARNING!!! Don't every buy peds parts from STEVE HUFFMAN . Becaues you will never get them. I paid for a streetmate swingarm never got it !!! SO STEVE BURN IN HELL my friend - Ron Sparaco
- AKA: tomos5050
- Location: Ft. Lauderdale Fl.
- Paid for some tools. Never got them. Had one pm from him saying he forgot and they would go out the next day. Still have not received them or had any response from him. - Speed Racer
- Paid for a carb and intake, talked to him through texting for a bit, once I started asking about the parts no responses. Been over a month now. -Def
- AKA: negativecweep
- Location: Orlando, FL
- Another one ripped me off on $85.00 for a bottom end e50 and a pinto seat. great guy emailed a few times got the money to him and never heard from him again. thanks for contributing to ruining the hobby - Braddd123
- Notes: "Viv Ache" (negativecweep) has attempted to censor this page to remove claims against himself.
- AKA: demsin79
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: Port Saint Lucie
- SHIPPING OVERCHARGING AND PRICE BENDING: Sold me Motobecane Malossy Variotop (original thread for reference http://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/demsin79/). He was selling it with extra weights for $160-165 shipped in US. Quoted me $32 for shipping to Canada and after negotiations we agreed on the total price of $190 (he wanted $200 at first!). He promised to refund the difference if the shipping was cheaper. He shipped it for $11.60 without tracking # and refused to refund the difference telling me that: “You live in Canada and that changed things.” So, it changed the price for the part and price for shipping? Simple calculation: starting price ($165) minus max for shipping in US (about $7) equals to $158 profit. For $190 shipped got profit of $178.4 – just ripped another 20 bucks off me for used variator (even with extra weights)! As for the part – it’s in good used condition, but not excellent as stated in description: it has a few scratches on cheeks and tool-marks from mounting-dismounting, shaft has a blue spot from overheating and the ID of bushing is well worn. Liar. People beware! - Matt S
- In Response To The Above Crap: I get an email from this guy saying he wants to buy the variotop + weights for $165 shipped. He explained he was in Canada. I said shipping would be an approx. amount because I looked it up on my phone quick. If anyone has ever shipped to Canada you know there are papers and shipping anything over 4lbs is expensive as hell. The amount I gave was a medium international flatrate box for $32.95 and shipping priority was ~$36. I shipped it as a parcel because it was cheaper @$12. The paypal fee was $8, so the shipping and fee was ~$20.
I have way to many good selling experiences to let one guy crying over $10 bring me down. Whatevs..I wont ship to Canada ever again because of this idiot.
I also marked the item as a gift instructed by him. I'm sure there is a gain by doing that and he wouldn't tell me what it is. If so then he really has nothing to complain about.
I just went onto the Canadian Customs site and it states there is a tax of $8.50. Just by me marking it as a gift he saved that money. He wouldn't tell you that though because that would mean I didn't rip him off at all. Go cry about $2.50 man, get a hobby. - Weak-Ends TJ
- In Response To The Above Nonsense You have an obvious problem with logic. I guess, I can call you an idiot too... You never refunded MY money. It doesn’t matter, $2.5 or $20… Taking money and not returning called "I didn't rip him off at all" from now on. You just proved with your own words that you don’t know what the honesty is. - Matt S
- Matt S, Explain how the customs tax works and tell everyone the money you saved and I'll refund you $2.50. You are butt hurt that you got a practically brand new variotop(I'm sure it is working seamlessly for you) w/weights for cheap. Look at all the emails between you and I. I still have them if you want me to show that we agreed on $190 shipped. Shipping it with tracking number like I said was $36, which I thought it would be $32+tax and I would have had to payed the extra. I know you would not pay the extra would you? You got it none the less cry baby. - Weak-Ends TJ
- Weak-Ends TJ, Ok, you want the explanation on customs tax? Here it is: when you get NEW goods from international destinations you might get charged by Canadian customs for applicable taxes (lots of exceptions here). In case when you buy USED things from private sellers (opposed to commercial vendors) buyer is not getting charged. But, as a rule, I ask ALL sellers from US to mark my parcels as a gift just in case (customs officers have bad days too). Prove me wrong on that one, if you are so good in searching Canada Customs site.
Next: we agreed on $190 total only because of $32 shipping. Prove me wrong on that one…
If you messed up with the quote – let the buyer know first (instead of assuming that I won’t pay an extra $, you’ve never asked), before making a decision to ship it the cheapest way possible and keeping extra $20.
As for Paypal fees BS – if you not satisfied with profit from your sale, incorporate all the extra fees in the starting price, don’t feed me with that crap after you messed up.
I won’t remove the bad feedback from here if you don’t refund all the difference you owe me. $20 will do. - Matt S
- Bought and sold many things with Andrew. Always a good buyer and seller. And if you pick up your shit in person, he might let you ride his Harley. - Seth Z.
- Email: email@example.com
- Amazing seller. He'll find you everything you need, pack it up to withstand any brutality and abuse involved in international shipping and all at a too good to be true price. If you need those hard to find Italian parts, Angelo is hands down the best! And you get some really neat stamps for your collection too - Tomtom_bp
- This guy is absolutely great. Needed some parts for a 79 Ciao that I could not find in the UK. He emailed me photos to make sure I was getting what I wanted. Great price and superb packaging. Would definitely use him again for any bits I need. - Ciao_Sheffield
- Angelo just shipped a hard to find part to the states for me. Like the previous posts mention -- this guy is an amazing seller. He has great communication and can get the job done right. He also did an excellent job on the packaging. Angelo gets my highest recommendation! - Ryan Westphal
- Sold me a super good condition Magnum seat. Provided loads of good quality pictures that showed the exact quality. Was honest about a tiny tear, and a slight dent on the pan. He even went out of his way at WizBiz5 to track me down and deliver it to me. Also he did all of this for about half the price that people sell ratty magnum seats for.
- Sold me hobbit parts i needed at a fair price. - Jason Kluczyk
- General Approval - Vermont
- Sold me korado side covers. Excellent parts, well packaged, excellent communication and fast shipping. Sent them insured and delivery confirmation. Thank you! Joe Church
- Sold Me A Dellorto 15/15 Fast Shipping And Looks Like New Great Seller!!! - Puch_man78
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sold me a ZA50 all parts were there and in good condition, shipped promptly. - Hawaii_Kai
- Good parts at good prices with quick shipping
- AKA: Mopagen
- General Approval - Kevcmc
- Always the best. Great packing, fast shipping, quality parts. He stands behind his work and the products he sells. If you buy from him and some part isnt functioning any longer (unless you were silly and broke it yourself out stupidity), definitely drop him a line and see how great he is. I bought way too many minarelli parts from him - Tomtom_bp
- Best guy i have ever done biz with just wish he would make more clutch springs. i have bought several items from ed and there is no better person to do biz with. thanks! - Mad Mike
- The best!! - Nash
- Shipped me some badass springs for my M1 clutch for free. I didn't even ask for them. He asked me if I wanted some springs for my clutch, and sent them. What a sweetie! - Mars
- Sold me a 65CC kit at a reasonable price including shipping, Kit was in my mailbox before we even hung up. Answered many more of my questions than I had a right to ask. Parts were right service was very good, I would buy from Ian again anytime - Mu111s
- Sold Me some hobbit parts awhile back. Got my parts the next day somehow. Great seller and trombone player.
- Purchased a 12t V1 sprocket and he shipped it asap. Love, Joel.
- AKA: MopedJay
- General Approval - Kevcmc
- Bought a Puch 15T front sprocket and trade a Tomos motor for a Moby VLX rolling frame. Great seller and would buy from him again. - Weak-Ends TJ
- General Approval - Kevcmc
I've done a ton of both buy and sell with This guy and he's always been great.
- Sent out items when he said he would. Included insurance and tracking number. Packaged it like he was shipping a live baby. - Straubzilla
- Packaged with care & sent out prompt. Extra goodies included! Macguyver could probably sail the Altantic with all the extras & bubblewrap.
- Thanks Joel! Best MA purchase yet. -curbcast
Joey G. (Gautheri)
- Got a mikuni carb and intake, fair price quick ship!  Cheers! - Jason Kluczyk
- Sent out a taillight, good condition, fair price, well packed in shipping.  - Jason Kluczyk
- Sold me a Maxi 2hp open port top end. Recieved exactly what I thought I was buying + he gave me some extra gaskets. I would buy from him again any day of the week. - Weak-Ends TJ
- I can second Ken as a great seller. Bought a Motomatic destroyer from him. He shipped same day with tracking number. Extremely great guy to deal with. - Anonymous
- Bought a za50 intake (12mm bored out to ~14mm) for $10 shipped. Got the part in just a couple days, communication was great and the part was exactly as described/pictured. Very pleased with the experience - mindlessmachines
- Ken has always been my Go to Guy. Reasonable, cheap and reliable
- General Approval - Kevcmc
- Bought a Garelli Mag from him, fast shipper + solid merchandise= Good Seller !-- Chap Sinclair
- AKA: MopedLar
- Excellent guy with a wealth of knowledge about mopeds. I've bought at least 5 bikes from him as well as a whole bunch of parts. Always great to deal with. - Seth Z.
- AKA: madmike46
- Great Seller. Items are as described and he honestly represents what he has. Fair Prices. When i arrived to pick up items he offered me a beer and threw in a bunch of extra parts that we hadnt discussed. Good guy. Have subsequenly purchased more from Mike and will do so again in the future. -Brad Pitt.
- Bought a PA50II ramp plate from him, shipping was so fast! Buy from this guy. -eobanb
- General Approval - Kevcmc
- Didn't buy from, but sold to this guy. He was impressed with the condition of what i sent him so much, he sent me extra money on paypal to cover shipping to. easily the best online transaction i've ever had. excellent buyer for sure! - A-ko
- General Approval - Kevcmc
- AKA: redbaron
- Honest dude, quick response to emails, fair prices and ships as fast and as cheap as Treats. -rpies
Mick R. from the Baltards
- Gave me a nice price on a nice moby pipe and shipped it quickly, without incident. - Seth Z.
- Great seller. Had what I needed and shipped as promised Thanks Dude - stefanosg
- Great seller, fast shipping. - jblank
- Great seller, got a garelli stator, he tore apart a motor just so I could get the 1 thing I needed..and it was way clean. - xcupcakex
- great person to deal with. Very patient. Would recommend to any one. A-plus. - Speed racer
- Shipped same day and got my stuff post haste. Great dude. I found a small flaw in what I got and he refunded me, no problemo.
- Traded some parts and bikes with Rob in the past and he's always great to do business with. - Seth Z.
- General Approval - Kevcmc
- Fantastic seller. Prompt and honest. easy and painless process. I accidently sent him my old address for a package, and it took about a month for snail mail to return the package to him. But in the end, Rob helped me get my parts, and now my a3 is running like a champ! Thanks dude! - Flat_Beer
- One great dude to buy and sell from fast shipper parts as described. Thanks! - Mad Mike
- AKA: Speedracer
- Bought some parts. great price, good packing, not to quick shipping, but got here. thanks. - sam
- Sold me an mb5 intake, fast ship, no hassle...even sent me a button with purchase! swag!  - jason kluczyk
- "Sold me a solid Kregler tank" Zach Richards
- Sold me two tanks for a fair price. fast shipping, excellent packaging. - Emil
- Shipped a Puch Tail Light Lens the same day I sent him the payment. Arrived 4 days later in a well-protected package and in good condition. Thanks Tim! - 'user name'
- General Approval - Kevcmc
- Bought an engine from him. He shipped it the same day I paid and it is as good or better than described. I don't know why he's listed as a bad seller, my experience was excellent!
- Bought a Mikuni carb + custom intake setup for my Tomos targa. excellent goods and experience. deathplaybanjo
- I bought an E50 from him for a fair price & he shipped it the same day. Doesn't get much better than that. - Mariano Ulibarri
- bought a e50 cdi, good packing, shipped like he said, communication was excellent. Thanks*
- Bought several stuff. Always a reliable and quick shipper. Parts have been exactly as described with >fair price tags. Straubzilla
- Bought a Magnum pedal crank from him. The product i received was mint, packaged with care and arrived in a hurry all for a fair price. - Radium City Joshua
- Bought Tomos Forks from T.J. super fast shipping high quality product well packed ignore butt hurt canadians whining about 2 dollars- Chap Sinclair
William from the Hot n Readyz in Chicago
- Sold me a 70cc Treats kit. Was super helpful and patient with all my questions. Kit came without delay. - Funkenet