Bing is a German carburetor manufacturer now named BING Power Systems GmbH located in Nuremberg. The company was founded in 1866 and has a tradition of 75 years of carburetor development and production. Over the years BING took over companies like Erich und Grätz, Fischer-Amal, Pallas, Encarwi , FHN. In 2001 the company S.U. ( Skinner Union ) Birmingham was taken over by BING Power Systems GmbH.
Puch Bing Part Numbers
A list of part numbers for Puch Bing carburetors with specific model information and/or a list of stock mopeds they are found on:
- Stock on Puch Maxi 1.5 HP, main jet 60
- Stock on Puch Maxi Luxe 1.5 HP, main jet 48
- Stock on Puch Sport MKII and Newport 1.5 HP, main jet 50
- Stock on Puch Maxi 2 HP, main jet 64
- Stock on Puch Maxi Luxe 2 HP, main jet 58
- Stock on Puch Sport MKII and Newport 2 HP, main jet 56
- Stock on Puch Magnum XK and MK II 1 HP, main jet 50
- Stock on Puch Magnum XK 1.5 HP, main jet 50
- Stock on Puch Magnum MKII 1.5 HP, main jet 48
- Stock on Puch Magnum XK 2 HP, main jet 64
- Stock on Puch Magnum MKII 2 HP, main jet 60
Sachs Bing Part Numbers
- Stock on restricted 25mph Sachs models, generally accompanied by a small exhaust header pipe. Main jet #50
- Stock on nearly all Sachs 504 and 505 motors; Westlake, Balboa, Hercules, etc. Main jet #52
- Stock on certain 505 D cylinders; Generally Balboa's; rare. Known for its lack of throttle needle, and improved performance. Main jet #58
- Infamous for existing, but virtually unheard of on U.S. market bikes. Extremely rare.
Solo Bing Carburetor
1/10/112 Type SRB
- This is the only carburetor used on the US imported Solo's. It has both a spin off bowl and slide cover. similar to some "race style" motorcycle carburetors. It's small 10mm bore limits it's usefulness for performance applications. Theoretically it could be bored to a 14mm, although the slide it self is only 14.5mm and leakage of air around the slide would be likely.
Stock Main Jet #44-021/58
- This is the same jet as the one used on the common Puch bing carburetor. An entire range of larger jets are available.
Stock Needle #46-031
- This is the only needle produced for this carb.
Stock Needle Jet ## 45-141/2.12
- A range of sizes are still available.
Bing (Puch) Carburator Diagram
- Based on diagram from "http://www.themopedjunkyard.com/"