Forum: Show all posts (490)
- 1982 Honda Passport
- 1981 Honda Express NC50
- 1980 Honda Express NC50
WEST SEATTLE NOPED ARMY RIDER
I do all my own wrenching and mechanical repair, this is the only way I can afford to run my Vintage bikes. Doing my own motorcycle repair saves money and if the bike fails to run its probably my fault.
I love my HONDA EXPRESS NC50 because it runs and runs and runs and runs and runs. Its a very light bike great for weaving around the pot holes and inner city cager grid lock.
The C70 Passport is perfectly matched to ride on Seattle streets because it has good hill climbing gear ratios. For riding at 40 MPH its perfect for surface streets. It really is my favorate bike for riding in the City.
CURRENT MILEAGE ----- All bikes are stock
1. nc50 Express 1980 11600 miles
2. nc50 Express 1981 4500 miles
3. 1982 Honda c70 14000 miles
4. cb550 K 1976 17000 miles
OILS / FUELS for the Honda Express NC50 -----
DO NOT USE ANYTHING BUT HONDA APPROVED OILS
1. Gas - 92octane works best CHEVRON gas only.
Gas mileage is currently between 85 MPG - 100 MPG.
2. HONDA GN2 (THE OIL - GAS MIX)
3. HONDA GN4 (USED IN THE GEARBOX ) 10W - 40W
4. Spark plug NGK BP4HS. Keep gap at .24
5. Seafoam works and it softens the bikes sound !
ASSESSORIES for ENGINE INFORMATION for 1980 NC50
1. Race Pro 111 RMP and engine and temp guage.
2. Speedzone 5.0 Sport Cyclocomputer, T141
CURRENT IMPRESSIONS -----
The Honda NC50 Express has 2-Stroke Power.
Best head temps are around 410F - EGT 800F - 1300F. My biggest problem with people are the people who are in a big fat hurry and like to tail gate me while they are on their cell phone and drinking coffee. People need to get out of their cars and reconnect with NATURE !
END OF REPORT -----
I installed a RACEPRO 3 with EGT and head temperature monitoring on my NC50 1980 - note picture below.