OK. I'll give that a go. Thanks.
Bas Autowas Wrote:-------------------------------------------------------> They tend to be very rigid, but id check if you> put the rubber thingy in the right way.I didn't realize there is a correct way. What is the correct method to install the "rubber thingy"?
Maybe someone can tell me how it pivots? Do the swing arm and clamp/plate pivot/slide around the outside of the rubber when clamped/stressed? Or, does the rubber pivot/slide on the shaft in the frame once the rubber is clamped/stressed?I have a parts manual that refers to the plate that clamps the swing arm around the rubber as the "Bearing Bush" and the rubber as the "Rubber Bearin
The shocks move. I checked them before it went back together. The swing arm would move maybe an inch, probably less. I can't remember exactly but it was extremely restricted.Can somebody tell me how to free it up.
If you're asking if I forgot to install the swing arm damper the answer is no. I'm gonna guess that once that is tightened it isn't meant to move like the swing arms on my '65 Beetle or my '73 XLCH which use roller bearings and move freely?
I restored a 1978 Puch Maxi this past spring. When I installed the shocks and tightened the swing arm mounting bolts, I noticed there was zero movement of the swing arm and expected that once it was completely together and on its wheels and all of my weight was on it, it would free itself up. I've been riding it at least once a week since about June and the rear end still rides like a hard ta
I'm using a synthetic grease for the forks. And besides, the glue sticks are ultra high heat and impervious to most types of petroleum based greases and oils, according to the manufacturer.Anyway, that isn't my concern. Or what I asked. I'm trying to find out how much the forks should travel. All anyone that seriously wants to help has to do is go out to their Maxi, hold the front
I recently inherited a Puch Maxi. While working on the front end I discovered one of the rubber stops was missing and the stop washers were both missing. I hack sawed/ filed some notches in a couple of flat washers to substitute for the OEM washers and it looks like a 3/8" glue stick can be modified to function as the missing rubber stop.What I can't seem to find is any information regar