Any ~39mm stroke reed kits besides m01/m02?

Terbo Speghetti /

So I have some weird ideas I wanna try that require a ~39mm stroke reed kit, similar to the m01 polini/eurocilindro, but hopefully something I can still find in that nice 45mm bore.

Anyone have ideas?

Re: Any ~39mm stroke reed kits besides m01/m02?

I believe the Minarelli vertical is 39mm stroke with a 10mm wrist pin.

Terbo Speghetti /

Dang that sounds rad but also like I'd prob have to add material for transfers.... Might have to buy a gasket set and find out for sure tho...

Or the bottom of the cylinder can be cut back and make a spacer to taper into the case transfers like the stage 6 hobbit adapter plate.

Never mind, I don’t think that would work on that cylinder. You would be cutting into the reed block and the exhaust.

IMG20221106075300.jpg

I've got some of these that didn't pass qc. They have casting flaws in the surface but if you cut them down the flaws will clean up.

The transfer pattern is made for the minarelli vertical but I think horizontal is almost exactly the same.

Let me know if you want one, I'll send it to ya free. They aren't worth my time to machine them.

Terbo Speghetti /

Yeahhh that's not a whole lot easier, but it's an option. I've never run one of those adapters tho, don't the stage 6 kits come from the factory with a gap between the cylinder and Hobbit cases tho? Or are people cutting those stage 6 kits back to accommodate the spacer?

I guess if those come from the factory that way, it could be true for vertical minarelli kits too...

Oh it's going on a hobbit? You need a speedfight, I just bumped a post the other day for summertime else asking me about it

Terbo Speghetti /

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

>

> Let me know if you want one, I'll send it to ya free. They aren't worth

> my time to machine them.

Dude yes please! Those were gonna be hobbit stage 6 spacers, yeah?

Terbo Speghetti /

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh it's going on a hobbit? You need a speedfight, I just bumped a post

> the other day for summertime else asking me about it

Hobbit is one place it could go. I'll DM you about it Graham. Maybe it's a silly idea and you can talk me out of it 😂

They are this, dude!

https://www.doscycles.com/products/moped-factory-minarelli-v1-booster-kit-cylinder-spacer?_pos=1&_sid=e1cf1efbe&_ss=r

The casting is like 24 mm raw then I machine it down to like 22.8 I think so it's a little small for final adjustments with 2 gaskets

There's not a ton of extra meat but if you were careful you could machine it down to fit puch or anything close

I machined one down to 16 so I can put a tomos kit on my other v1

Terbo Speghetti /

I've been fuckin around with some extra thicc compressible graphite gasket material, maybe it'll be the magic bullet on both sides of that after I buy a mill or just sign back up for community college machine shop class for the 3rd time hahaha

You just turn it in a lathe, it's designed to have 3 jaw clamp points.

Clamp the outside, face the crankcase side and bore the inside, then flip the jaws clamp the inside and the crankcase side will true up against the jaws and you can face the cylinder side, and cut it down to the correct hight. Takes me about 2 hours to do a production run of 10.

IMG_20211104_174058.jpg

I was making them at work with this terrible enco with shitty tooling. I don't have a 3jaw at home but I'm trying to get one so I can get them back in stock.

Terbo Speghetti /

What kinda lathe do you have at home? I've got a 3 jaw I can't use at the moment anyway

What about the 45mm M01 kits? Dos has them, they are for the South American variant of the M01, they fit fine on the cases we have, I mean stud pattern wise, you need to bore out the case, and add material for the transfers though

They are sold out ATM, but im sure you could email DOS

Terbo Speghetti /

I keep forgetting the "email us" policy at DOS, but I don't think they've been in stock in like ages

im sure they have the cylinder/ piston set up maybe just not the intake

Blake Totally a real doctor /

Nah we're short on pistons right now. Plenty of cylinders though.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account