Suzuki M-15-2 Info?

Its kinda a moped? I mean its a 2-t 50cc shifty, soooo close enough right?

Anyhow, one of these came into my hands, it has been modified, the cylinder has been overboard, Puch Hi-comp head, PHBG carb

The overbore seems sloppy to me, it has no torque, running a single ring, like ya I get it, its a shifty, run a single ring to spool it up a bit higher and take advantage of the rpms with gears. Butttt it has very little power on the low end, I don't think the bore was very good, gap doesn't seem acceptable to me, blhaha you get it.

So I'm looking to replace the top end, lots of these bikes had overlap with other models, but I am failing at finding resources, eBay has lead me down a rabbit hole that I don't have the knowledge to differentiate.

Maybe you know about these bikes? Maybe you know where to find an NOS top end? Or another models that fits?

Share that knowledge if ya got it please!

Re: Suzuki M-15-2 Info?

hmm maybe its close to an AP50? cant tell from the pics if its piston port or rotary valve.

Pop the cylinder off and post up some dimensions and maybe we can find something close. 41x 38 stroke looks like, common for a lot of the morini scooter stuff as well.

That JR50 kit that works on the FA50 might be an option if its case inducted.

> Graham Motzing wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> hmm maybe its close to an AP50? cant tell from the pics if its piston

> port or rotary valve.

>

> Pop the cylinder off and post up some dimensions and maybe we can find

> something close. 41x 38 stroke looks like, common for a lot of the

> morini scooter stuff as well.

>

> That JR50 kit that works on the FA50 might be an option if its case

> inducted.

It is piston port, I know a lot of those smaller Japanese bikes from the era were rotary induction

oof yeah thats a rare bird.

i wonder how close it is to the morini S5 cylinder? they are 41x38 and piston port/ cylinder reed, morini and suzuki scooters are common, its a long shot but might get lucky or be able to cobble something with spacers.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account