2009 Tomos Steetmate R

Hi guys,

I purchased a moped second hand that already has some modifications.

On this A55, the previous owner installed:

- Tecno Bullet

- 20t rear sprocket

- 17.5mm Dellorto PHVA carb

- Unipod air filter

- “70cc” Airsal Kit

Only issue is that I’m only getting about 42mph completely WOT on the flats. With these upgrades it’s hard to believe I’m not hitting upper 40s/ lower 50s. I’m just not too sure what the issue could be… I’m thinking that either it’s not jetted properly or the filter is too restrictive.

With that in mind I’ve ordered a few new parts in hopes of tuning out any improper previous adjustments.

On the way I’ve got:

- MLM Cali sidebleed pipe

- A55 18mm micro intake

- 28t front sprocket

- 70s and 80s range 6mm jets

- less restrictive (hopefully) metal mesh filter

I figured the a nicer exhaust will help the mid range/top end a little. Got a bigger intake so I actually get the full 17.5 worth of the carb, and hopefully the 28t will work… it may be a bit too big of gearing, we will see.

I’m wondering what else I could use… I’m not too familiar with the a55 cdi, but I’ve seen a Parmakit cdi for some a55s… would that be worth it? Would it help my top end?

If you’ve got any other tips or things I should check over, it’d be greatly appreciated.

Re: 2009 Tomos Steetmate R

Idk what is up with those kits they just never feel like they should perform how they should I have my stock cylinder a55 tomos going much quicker than that kit

I would recommend going to a 22t rear sprocket then ditch the pod filter and get a velocity stack for the stock airbox

https://srsblastersonly.com/product/bazooka-mouth/

Pull the carb see what get is in it and pull the plug see how the color of it is looking

Do the carb stuff first before throwing more parts at it tho

> Luna Moto wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Idk what is up with those kits they just never feel like they should

> perform how they should I have my stock cylinder a55 tomos going much

> quicker than that kit

>

You can go faster on a stock a55 cylinder then the 70 Airsal allll day, but the Airsal is much torquey-er. The Airsal is pretty much built to be bulletproof which is respectable, but it can be made faster, porting and decking is a must

I figured I should probably port it… now with decking - that is basically milling down the block to increase compression, right? Will this affect timing?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account