Your favorite controls?

Looking for some alternatives, specifically for street Puch controls, so the requirements are:

Throttle with at least 19-21mm pull

Clutch lever on left side

brake switch provisions

Usually I use the stock left perch and if it came with the slider-block style throttle i replace that with the magnum/earlier style. Building from scratch this time, and it still seems like the best option (everything else either doesn't have brake switches, or a clutch lever, etc.), but if you've ever tried that you know it adds up, and at $80+ a set.. and no, i'm not forkin' out for the cnc ones ;p

Re: Your favorite controls?

(edited)

I like the domino sets on treats for a not super pricy but not cheap set. I can choose what style I want and they're all pretty solid.

Domino Typhoon set is pretty legit.

Domino Trials slow throttles are also pretty nice.

I also like oem Honda Dio controls, I have a set grafted to my hobbit.

🎨🏆 Duncan /

By far and away this is the best throttle and I use it on all of my builds with big carbs. I also happen to have broken my throttle side wrist, so the short pull helps in terms of comfort and ergonomics. The grips it comes with are also nice.

08C3814D-97A2-437C-9388-020C634D491A.jpeg

i'm all about the old school dominos found on 70's vespa mopeds among other things. they have a pinch bolt for the throttle cable, so when it breaks, you just trim it back a little and re-do. this also means your potential throttle cable selection goes up significantly. the levers are chrome plated steel and i seriously think that i may not have ever broken one... trying to remember... def bent them up really bad then straightened back out again no problem. the throttle has a metal tube that operates a little slider via a slanted slot. i have seen them with crazy amounts of wear, still functioning more or less properly.

i hate the maguras found on puchs. i actually got brand new magura controls once and they were a lot better, but still not as tough as my olds school dominoes. the levers break way easy, especially the hollow ones, the bar clamps snap off before they get tight. the cable going right into the flimsy plastic twist...

fuck all that. give me some crusty old dominoes that have been sitting outside in the rain for 20+ years. they'll clean right up. sometimes, those grips are still good even. puchs are only good from the headlight down. the bars and everything on them was always crap imho.

will d's will always be best. the one duncan recomends looks like dominos take on the "vortex" throttle which is also really nice.

looks like we all pretty much agree in this thread. domino makes good controls. this is now a registurd fact.

Totally normal JBOT /

I prefer modern scooter controls. Built in switches, amazing throttle control, big brake levers with built in brake switches.

Aprilia controls rule

The vortex short twist is my fave throttle. It pulls all my carb are half the twist. For clutch I like the little bmx brake levers.

I hate the plastic levers that are on Puch controls. I swapped over to the cnc machined ones treat sells.

> Totally normal JBOT wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I prefer modern scooter controls. Built in switches, amazing throttle

> control, big brake levers with built in brake switches.

>

> Aprilia controls rule

Totally, only bummer's when you need that extra lever for starter clutch or decomp. and some are totally made to hide behind huge fairing plastics

Totally normal JBOT /

Pretty easy to add a BMX lever on the inside for starter or decomp

Born to be WillD wrote:

> > Totally normal JBOT wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I prefer modern scooter controls. Built in switches, amazing throttle

>

> > control, big brake levers with built in brake switches.

>

> >

>

> > Aprilia controls rule

>

> Totally, only bummer's when you need that extra lever for starter clutch

> or decomp. and some are totally made to hide behind huge fairing

> plastics

Maciek Dub /

> Born to be WillD wrote:

>

Thank you for reminding me of one of the awesomest things on youtube!

Maciek Dub /

Thanks for the input all, i'll take a closer look at all your suggestions. I was checking out the various separates but It's hard to match the clean look of the integrated ones made for mopeds, and the main thing that put me off was the lack of brake switch provisions on most.

todd amundson /

Anything with spring returns

> Born to be WillD wrote:

> > Totally normal JBOT wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I prefer modern scooter controls. Built in switches, amazing throttle

>

> > control, big brake levers with built in brake switches.

>

> >

>

> > Aprilia controls rule

>

> Totally, only bummer's when you need that extra lever for starter clutch

> or decomp. and some are totally made to hide behind huge fairing

> plastics

Let me blow your mind. I found these after using the thumb choke on my revo and thinking I needed one on everything for convenience.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DBVFd8B

It attaches to the 2 bolt style perch making your lever have a extra thumb lever.

> Joel P wrote:

> >

> https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DBVFd8B

>

> It attaches to the 2 bolt style perch making your lever have a extra

> thumb lever.

Holy shit dude, I've been kicking around making exactly this for a decomp on my Peugeot, I was gonna 3d print the lever and still hadn't quite worked out attaching it to the moto style clamp on controls.

Mind absolutely blown, this is one of the major hang ups on my build right now

Totally normal JBOT /

It looks like it would be hard to use that as a starting lever, or can you really pull hard on that lil guy

There are a few different styles and lengths on ali/amazon

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account