Re: Tümmler sb 71 porting and pipe

It's performance and it's almost a moped motor... Definitely old and shitty 2t, pretty close

Levi Sylvester /

Ok, plan is: exaust ported to 160degrees, wide as possible and a better head design. Now i need to know what transfer and intake timings are good. Oh and the carb size. Can anyone help?

160 is a big jump, I would suggest gradually working up to that unless you want to use the engine as a boat anchor instead.

The carb mounting might determine your choice but I find the vm22 to be a pretty good option for a piston port 75cc with relatively low output.

Really should get the pipe sorted out first, then the carb, then make small changes to the porting and see how it responds.

Levi Sylvester /

Good idea. So a pipe for the stock porting first. I am not to worried about the engine. I can get them for 40 bucks everywhere

Really? That's cool, I thought this was some crazy antique thing.

I was toying with the idea of making a tailshaft motor this summer, this thread actually gave me an idea to think about doing one with a 150cc 2t snowblower motor I have on the shelf...

Levi Sylvester /

That would be cool! Its from the ddr btw

Levi Sylvester /

Got a parts engine!

20220516_201044.jpg

Levi Sylvester /

Should i make the transfers wider too?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account