Re: Thoughts?

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

Damn…I wish Dillon moved to my town….(shuffles feet in a gravel parking lot)

All the cool kids are over across the river in Kinetic-cut souping up indian made Vespa clones.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> EH 📣FCC of the QCB wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Damn…I wish Dillon moved to my town….(shuffles feet in a gravel parking

> lot)

There's a lot of towns, and I can sadly only live in one of them. But I will say this image made me audibly "awwwwwww."

Matt Mulligan /

I couldn't wait. Drilled holes in piston cleaned it all up and slapped it on a loaner with 15/45 gearing. I clamped the bored 12 too hard in the vise, so i gotta fix that or scrap it and do another. Got the bing 15 and estoril that were on the bike and the intake I did. stacked 2mm worth of gaskets slapped the head on with a smear of rtv as insurance. Some of you are gonna hate me for that part, but that's ok. Clutch is lightened like 14 grams per shoe on a stock 2 shoe. Out 3 turns i think.

It rips hard to 30 and creeps to 34 sounds about right tbh. If martys toolbox is right, thats 7-8k rpm Hits a hard port/pipe wall. thats about 5 mph slower than the 50 kit that was on it but with way more torque. I had to dial the clutch screws back a turn.

Matt Mulligan /

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> Maybe?? I haven't been riding THAT much, but I'm literally 5 minutes

> from there and head down main St. often.

>

> I haven't seen another rider in town yet, but there are a few die hard

> scooter people I see riding. CT had always been hard up for groups. I'm

> planning to head out to the Spark Cycleworks X Strange Ways ride in New

> Haven later this month.

I met Matt From Spark Cycleworks at a ride in New Haven in 2020. What are the details on that? I'll come out with my group of 3 or 4 if my buddies girlfriend can make it.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Here's the post. Never met the dudes from Spark, but they reached out to me and a few other guys in CT when they were starting up.

Screenshot_20220512-184900.png

I actually met Alex from StrangeWays through Aaron Metal Ponies, but haven't been to the new shop yet.

Totally down for a nice short ride through NH, I'm sure we'll motor up East Rock.

Matt Mulligan /

That's what we did with the dirty burnin broads. It was a nice 40 mile loop that we did with some cool stops.

Geared up to 18/45 and it lost no power actually gained a little acceleration and got to 38 with a 36 steady cruising.

Matt Mulligan /

Slapped a 40 tooth in the back and toned down the clutch again, maybe a little too much kinda just maws until it grabs. Got to 40mph. Seems as if power falls off after 7k. Pulls ok, definetly lost torque going down 5 teeth in the rear. But it pulls me at 220lbs to 40mph at 18/40. I'd call that pretty stout for a stock cylinder. Very torquey at 15/45 and 18/45. Feels like a cheap 44 or 45mm kit until 30-35mph. Might go up on the exhaust. Its only at 150, I can probably bring it up to 160-165 without much loss on the low end and another few degrees on the intake, I have like no blow back right now.

roots to wings /

Enjoyed reading this and following your progress.

Matt Mulligan /

> roots to wings wrote:

> Enjoyed reading this and following your progress.

Oh, I'm not done yet lol. Gonna play around with a spacer and gaskets to see where it improves, might leave it on the loaner. If i went too far on the exhaust and made a 7k rpm brick. I'll copy this cylinder minus some exhaust duration.

Meanwhile, I'm probably just gonna throw that other maxi together without messing with it to get it off my bench. It's starting to collect dust when it should be ridden. Gonna blow the dust off that thread too, can't leave it with no happy ending.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account