Batavus hs 50, Morini Cylinder ???

Added me a new girl to my stable this week, Batavus hs 50, shes missing most of the clutch components and both engine side covers, but other than that it's all there. I know its going to suck trying to find all the clutch components so I instead started looking for big bore kits lol, I found this from Motomatic converted from Morini M1 kit. https://www.treatland.tv/motomatic-batavus-M48-airsal-43-5mm-60cc-cylinder-p/motomatic-batavus-cylinder.htm but it's out of stock.

It looks like just a machined aluminum spacer and opening the head stud holes, simple enough, I can do that all day. This opens up a whole range of options for the slow Batavus M48 engine. If any of the Morini case inducted cylinder kits will work and they are all basically the same, there are Morini cylinder kits all the way up to 90cc with H20 options from the racing scooter guys in the UK!

https://www.scooterworks.com/Malossi-MHR-Cyl-Kit-Morini?gclid=Cj0KCQjw06OTBhC_ARIsAAU1yOVIF-7k29dGYQltBjmsivh_VIgKf7vQoX8OfdtRVa4udBjpvq7U7UYaAi1jEALw_wcB

My question is, are Morini's all the same, or are the strokes different, what makes a Morini a Morini engine???

Re: Batavus hs 50, Morini Cylinder ???

Dirty30 Dillon /

Morini made a huge assemblage of cylinders, and no: they don't all interchange. Varying strokes, skirt dimensions, stud patterns, etc.

The Morini M1 kits are the sole option for a manageable swap

Beach Club Nick /

I'm making more spacers to bolt on M1 cylinders to M48s sometime in the next year. You will need to bore your cases though

Gary Flowers /

> Nick MBC wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm making more spacers to bolt on M1 cylinders to M48s sometime in the

> next year. You will need to bore your cases though

I have a small machine shop and I would like to make one myself, Can you share the thickness of the spacer needed for the M1 cylinders, Also have you guys looked at the European cylinder kits for the Morini AC and LC type scooter engines as a viable option for M48 engines?

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Gary Flowers wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Nick MBC wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I'm making more spacers to bolt on M1 cylinders to M48s sometime in

> the

>

> > next year. You will need to bore your cases though

>

> I have a small machine shop and I would like to make one myself, Can you

> share the thickness of the spacer needed for the M1 cylinders, Also have

> you guys looked at the European cylinder kits for the Morini AC and LC

> type scooter engines as a viable option for M48 engines?

They're not really a viable option, and even if you could bolt them onto the motor, you have the most maligned clutch system amongst all mopeds.

But than again, if you have a machine shop, you can theoretically make whatever you want work.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account