V1 polini jetting

Been a long time, but they're finally back! Finally went and bought me an 80cc Polini V1 kit, I'm currently running an amazon dellorto knock off, seems to work fine but I want to upgrade to a bigger carb and intake as soon as I can, until then, what's a good range to start in for a v1 with a weird hacked-up circuit pipe and an amazon dellorto?

Re: V1 polini jetting

Is it a SHA or PHBG knock off, and what size?

mower hoarder /

sha, 15 I think? not really sure, at some point its gonna get a mikuni and an intake, this is just for now, I think I'm gonna use a spare puch intake I have laying around, very similar to the #1 grandpa

High 50s-mid 60s most likely. With a sha the stock airbox makes all of the difference.

mower hoarder /

it has a 58 on it already, its got one of those "high flow" filters on it, the same one that came with the carb

If it has a matching intake I would guess upper 60's. Maybe start with a 72 and work down as needed. There are always lots of factors.

Last time I had a Sha on a polini I think i had a 70 main jet.

It was a bored out carb, though. Ran ok, but I hated it for it's lack of tunability.

mower hoarder /

> Declan g wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> If it has a matching intake I would guess upper 60's. Maybe start with a

> 72 and work down as needed. There are always lots of factors.

I was gonna put on an el cheapo puch intake, its a little bigger

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account