best pipe for a stock av7 moby

i have a Moby that I would like to get decent power out of while keeping the stock cylinder.... running a SHA 15.15 with derestricted stock cashew pipe. want to get a decent pipe but don't know a ton about motobecanes and cant seem to find much about pipes for stock setups

Re: best pipe for a stock av7 moby

Charlie Thomas /

A de-restricted exhaust is really all you need on a stock cylinder from what I've learned. Aftermarket exhausts are really only for kitted big bore cylinders or seriously ported 50cc cylinders from what I have found. The stock exhaust flow is really not that bad, so getting an aftermarket exhaust like the ninja or one of the doppler pipes really won't change the performance of a stock cylinder. If anything it'll give you more problems and grief than it's worth. If you are comfortable porting the cylinder on yours, then you can consider the aftermarket pipes, but a de-restricted stock pipe will probably be fine. If you want more power (who doesn't?) then mess around with the jetting. modifying the variator may also help a lil bit too, there are plenty of threads discussing how to tune those for better power distribution. Also, I'm curious, what method did you use to derestrict yours? I'm going to derestrict my stock cashew exhaust soon and I'm curious as to what works best.

^Im gonna contest, any small circuit pipe is gonna bump your performance noticeably especially with running the two ball plate n some ceramic balls.

hey thanks :) i wasnt the one who derestricted it, a friend had a derestricted one laying around. thinkin about doing some light porting, or at least matching cylinder and the intake manifold for better airflow. or maybe just throwing on a 50cc kit with better ports. (edited)

any recomendations for circuit pipes?

Stock pipe with a 45mm kit is the best.

> John Van Horn wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> any recomendations for circuit pipes?

You said cheep right? Just pick to your budget and graft your existing header outta cashew onto it and a couple tabs for the lower mounting

Point.

see attached Turbo Kit very good low end. pricy but worth it, you may need to modify a bit to fit though also check your plug as you may need to upjet

TK-mbk-pipe-SIDEBLEED-10072-p-5.jpg

Adding a pipe to your otherwise stock moby literally just makes it louder. There are better gains to be had from getting it running tip top. A perfectly tuned stock moby with just a sha should do high 30s.

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

> Drew Thomas wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> see attached Turbo Kit very good low end. pricy but worth it, you may

> need to modify a bit to fit though also check your plug as you may need

> to upjet

your motor mount looks wasted

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account