Wot to idle then bog

I still don't know enough about the bing carbs to figure this out. Example: wot with a stop sign coming up, you let off and rpms drop and you decide to blow the stop sign and you floor it and it boggs a bit and takes forever to get the rpms back up.

I got a 25 slide with the speed hole hoping it would fix that problem. Anyone know how to fix that?

Re: Wot to idle then bog

Are you just dumping it back into WOT?

Carburetors are dumb devices. As in, they don’t correct fuel delivery based on volume of airflow and throttle position like a fuel injection machine.

You gotta come back on the throttle with precision and control. Like there’s some computer in your head doing the math and opening the throttle based on rpm.

At least that’s how I do my bings. Stock they don’t care because they are almost on/off. But when you make mods and have to get that big fat jet in there for max rpm WOT, then they care more about you opening em up too much at slower speeds.

Just thought about this, it could be the spark plug getting almost fouled? It is hard to keep them from being rich at idle (you know and have done what can be to prevent that). I came to stop signs and fouled a plug before. Had to do a walk of shame for that once because I had no tools/spares. If it’s that, you can try a hotter plug. (edited)

Chad Tufts /

Yeah it's if I wot, let off then wot again. Me and my son know how to keep it from happening working the throttle but friends that come over and ride don't. Ha!

I’m young enough that my first cars where all fuel injected. I got my first carb car and would fall on my face constantly trying to floor it at a start and dump the clutch.

That could also help, get your clutches to engage later. Anyone riding will have a hard time getting in the bog if they can’t have those low rpms to begin with. But then you’re trusting other people with a hot clutch 🤷🏻‍♂️ (edited)

Chad Tufts /

No the clutch is prefect, turning the idle up helped today.

Sounds like it's either to lean or to rich. I would start with you are to lean and move the needle vavle up on the carb slide up a notch or to and see of that helps if it does your headed in the right direction and get a bigger jet but if it gets worse move the clip down

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account