Re: Wot to idle then bog

Papa _ /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Are you just dumping it back into WOT?

Carburetors are dumb devices. As in, they don’t correct fuel delivery based on volume of airflow and throttle position like a fuel injection machine.

You gotta come back on the throttle with precision and control. Like there’s some computer in your head doing the math and opening the throttle based on rpm.

At least that’s how I do my bings. Stock they don’t care because they are almost on/off. But when you make mods and have to get that big fat jet in there for max rpm WOT, then they care more about you opening em up too much at slower speeds.

Just thought about this, it could be the spark plug getting almost fouled? It is hard to keep them from being rich at idle (you know and have done what can be to prevent that). I came to stop signs and fouled a plug before. Had to do a walk of shame for that once because I had no tools/spares. If it’s that, you can try a hotter plug. (edited)

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account