Re: Any reviews?

A typical resistor plug or cap will read somewhere between 1k and 10k ohms, fwiw. 5k seems the most common.

Yea I have a DOS one, I use it almost never. I slap it on somewhere and tune and then switch it to a different bike. I dont like having it on there all the time cuz then i start overthinking shit like, oh this is usually 360 and now it's 380 and I should rebuild the whole thing and set the timing to 40 and rejet it to an 88

i also have a trailtech temp guy thats like 8 years old and still works. how is that real

i had one that worked great in the fall, left it in the 52* temp controlled garage for the whole winter and now the temps begin at 400* and climb from 400 as if its zero, changed the battery, same story, tried a different bike and different temp lead, same story. the light up too hot feature was a selling point for me, but i think its just too cheap to survive regular New England weather

This thing is great! I had to get this one cuz they stopped selling the temp gauge solo which I had gotten before. I put this on my hobbit and it is the first one of this style tach I have gotten to work correctly.

I feel the rpms are accurate enough to guage where things are happening. And the temp seems accurate enough. I got 2 of them for bikes. I will test the accuracy of the temp gauge in some ice water on the second one to see if it is off at all.

Since it also has run time and job counts you can also keep track of time put onto a build. Obviously it isn't tracking miles put on things but engine parts only know time in use not distance travelled.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account