QT50 MLM Next Level Pipe

This is the only pipe I "may" be interested in for my build. The MLM next Level Pipe, the one that almost looks stock.

I currently have the OEM pipe with the rear drilled out, except for the header diameter I don't think it's slowing me down any.

Anyone with experience with this pipe please chime in if it helped performance, either acceleration or top speed.

I don't want results that were part of a whole build, just if this was your one change and it increased performance from a not clogged OEM pipe. In other words the pipe was last and there was a big improvement.

What is inside the MLM pipe? Is it all steel or is there packing?

Thanks.

Re: QT50 MLM Next Level Pipe

If I remember right, you’re running a Yamaha 60cc top end, so am I. I have run the stock pipe, MLM Peoples pipe and the MLM Next Level pipe. Peoples pipe has the best top end. It’s not good for where I live, to many hills. The stock and Next Level, for me, were very similar, Next Level maybe a little better, but not much though. I do like the looks of it. Not sure what’s inside. Would like to see pictures of your bike.

Been wanting to get some outside shots, now would be in the snow.🤬

Screenshot_20220107-172745_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20220107-172734_Gallery.jpg

I'm basing my build on Mark/briggslite here and his videos. If he can get 47 mph with the stock pipe I'm not spending $155 on that pipe.

Stock pipe ID is 18mm I don't think that's slowing you down.

I hear you on the hills, I'm on top of a ridge here, to come home one way would be hard uphill 1/2 mile, the other a triple hump about the same. Big heat.

Been thinking of trailering the bike to the flatter areas just to ride it.

I can’t tell by the pictures, are you running a temp gauge? If so, what kind of temperatures are you seeing on those hills? Mine pushes 400, no matter what I do to it. Haven’t tried a larger carb yet.

Jack Rutherford /

> Peter v. wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm basing my build on Mark/briggslite here and his videos. If he can

> get 47 mph with the stock pipe I'm not spending $155 on that pipe.

>

> Stock pipe ID is 18mm I don't think that's slowing you down.

>

> I hear you on the hills, I'm on top of a ridge here, to come home one

> way would be hard uphill 1/2 mile, the other a triple hump about the

> same. Big heat.

>

> Been thinking of trailering the bike to the flatter areas just to ride

> it.

You can test his claims then.

EH 📣FCC of the QCB /

> Peter v. wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I'm basing my build on Mark/briggslite here and his videos. If he can

> get 47 mph with the stock pipe I'm not spending $155 on that pipe.

>

> Stock pipe ID is 18mm I don't think that's slowing you down.

>

> I hear you on the hills, I'm on top of a ridge here, to come home one

> way would be hard uphill 1/2 mile, the other a triple hump about the

> same. Big heat.

>

> Been thinking of trailering the bike to the flatter areas just to ride

> it.

Where is the link to this guyz bike or thread about his performance. 47 is a lot for a stock modded bike…..or do do you have a kit? (edited)

Come on, you've all seen this classic video. Talk about 3 perfectly matched bikes drafting each other.

Here's his post here: https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,2080620,2084234,flat=1#msg-2084234

Scroll to near the top.

I'm getting mine ready for spring.

Mine has: Yamaha 60cc kit, shaved YT60 head, 2 mm bottom spacer +2 gaskets, PW 80 15mm carb., PW50 rear end gears, rear IRC 70/90-14 tire, stock: intake, reeds, muffler (rear opened up)

I've got a Trail Tech and more jets on order (took a 1.3mm drilled main to get it to run right at 35 F. ) Just the carb was a big boost I've felt already doing break-in.

Jack Rutherford /

You would think those broken white lines on the road would be going by a bit faster at 47. qt50 speedos are of questionable accuracy over 30mph. Eliminating the most important part of the speed equation (a performance exhaust) and still doing 47? There are certain truths that are self-evident.

I disagree on the speedo. with the OEM front 2.00 tire they read high. With the available 2.25 replacement it's right on.

Past 30 mph you just add. Straight down 6 o'clock is 45. In the video I give them 42 mph. Not bad. That stretch of hiway looked slightly uphill.

Jack, can you comment on the MLM Next Level pipe?

You have 1 video with it idling then I never see it again.

Better than OEM, more low end, higher top speed??

Jack Rutherford /

Some dude on here bought it off me before I ever rode with it. You will have better top speed with it than stock pipe but worse acceleration from a stop or from low speeds. They raised the price on that a bit. I can ask another qt50 guy, he has compared both pipes extensively.

Jack Rutherford /

"what's difference on top speed between stock pipe and mlm next level? what's difference on acceleration from a stop?"

"Can't believe you asking me and didn't already compare? Probably at least 5 -7mph more speed and the acceleration is nuts like a yz80."

"I've compared too many things to remember them all so the accel on the mlm is better?"

"I'd say so especially on a level road, stock pipe still has it on hills."

Yeah, the pipe is now $155.

Wow "YZ80" to "stock pipe has it on hills"

Those statements seem at odds with each other.

I'll give the stock pipe a good shake in spring with my mods. This thing is already a money pit.

Jack Rutherford /

Yea, I thought the same.

I hate it, at least my nu50 one. Low end increase is nice but I didn’t get crap out of top end, I actually lost top end. Tried jetting, messing with weights, nothing. Unless I’m doing something wrong, my stock set up with China carb and stock exhaust with k&n filter went 35. I’m lucky to hit 30, it does get up a little quicker though. It seems I’m still four stroking at an 80 jet, didn’t four stroke at a 76 but I didn’t go faster than 30.

Cant help much, entirely different bike. I love it works great for me on my QT. 40-44 mph depending on grade and previous grade. Not much level around here.

Lots of other mods of course.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account