Puch e50 rebuild questions w/ pictures!

Hi, I’m in the process of rebuilding an E50 for the first time.

1. I have a new treats stuffy crank and I am installing nachi bearings on it. It looks like there is a 1.5mm gap between one seal and the bearing. It looks like the seal can move between the crank and bearing, but it appears that the bearing cannot go any further down the shaft. I was able to get the circlip on the end so I assume I’m in the right spot. Is this normal or does the bearing need to go down further or do I have to shim? Where should the seal be abutting, the bearing or the crank?

2. I’m trying to replace my condenser with a Bosch replacement. I was able to get the old one out, but I can’t get the new one in. What’s the trick to getting this condenser into the hole? “Get in your hole!” -Happy Gilmore

As always, your guidance is appreciated.

Greg

E8DBBD54-E463-4F06-A024-FCBAAA85E90C.jpeg
3BD5F5CB-C50C-4843-8B9A-CE25A23EB96A.jpeg
B928DE94-7D77-4069-8512-C60ACE093CBA.jpeg

Re: Puch e50 rebuild questions w/ pictures!

Pic of circlip installed.

B687CDBB-22D0-4EA5-BDB2-1EB439716E7B.jpeg

Yup that seal placement is normal. Hug it close to the bearing for install, you’ll see when you lay it in the case half. On the opposite side make sure you leave room between the bearing and seal for the oil channel.

I don’t have a good answer for installing the condenser. I feel like they’re too easy to damage by pressing or forcing. I think i sanded the mounting hole open some more until I could get it to fit in then epoxied it the one time I replaced one. Maybe someone else will chime in with a good method.

Thanks Mike. I should prob do an external condenser to alleviate this, but I don’t want to waste my money since I bought it already.

Mike Boyd is correct. That space on the magneto side of the crank between the bearing and Viton seal is for the oil channel. This space ideally should be 4-5mm wide so there is a good unobstructed path for the 2 stroke oil to reach and lube the bearing (edited)

> Greg H wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Thanks Mike. I should prob do an external condenser to alleviate this,

> but I don’t want to waste my money since I bought it already.

So , use the condenser you have for an external mount .

A little pipe strap or even a screw clamp and a bit of extra wire will get it done .

(edited)

I think the spacing should be 1mm like the manual says. Why recommend such a large gap?

C8027DD8-3D41-48E5-B486-0EF25CA78E34.jpeg

Probably Fred /

Make sure you shim the clutch to the correct specs in the service manual.

The stock shim size usually do not work on the stuffy crank because the grooves on the crank for the Circlips aren’t exactly in the same place.

Stock puch cranks can be different from crank to crank too, hence the different size shims but you May need smaller/different shims then stock sizes. It’s way easier to shim before the crank is installed in case too

> Greg H wrote:

> I think the spacing should be 1mm like the manual says. Why recommend

> such a large gap?

Not sure where he got that 4-5mm number, I've never measured it personally. When the crank is mounted in the bottom case half, you want the magneto side seal to be just flush with the outer edge of the cases, leaving a gap for the oiler groove that you can plainly see. That's how I eyeball it anyway.

The oil channel at the crank end is around 4mm wide

So anyone have a better pic of the external condenser wiring? Not following the splice. Do I splice after the harness and before the coil or before the harness in the same line as

The cool. Blue wire only?

Greg

> Greg H wrote:

> So anyone have a better pic of the external condenser wiring? Not

> following the splice. Do I splice after the harness and before the coil

> or before the harness in the same line as

>

> The cool. Blue wire only?

>

> Greg

Splice any where in the HT coil feed wire . You could attach the condenser pigtail to the same terminal as the feed wire on the HT coil and ground the condenser where the coil is grounded .

roots to wings /

Like this direct into the ignition terminal on the harness. Solder it onto the condenser

CD7115D8-02D8-46E8-B24E-8FEBF2CE427B.jpeg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account