What are you using to center your kits?

Never really did this before. Should have done it with the last polini kit I installed but was lazy. I had a hard time finding stock that would work on the Athena Kit because it was7.6mm. I found this stock but it took some “hand machining”. Just curious if anyone has a better option for future reference.

3C344872-629A-49C6-9916-B01DB853E8A3.jpeg
EF55F3F3-5315-4002-B224-87345DA6F8E4.jpeg
DE635797-4DB2-4246-BACD-0FACEA5BF8C7.jpeg

Re: What are you using to center your kits?

EH FCC of the QCB /
1C84CF3C-9E39-4158-9A32-5BB186BA24E6.jpeg

Eric Davenport /

I just used some thin masking tape wrapped around 2 studs. Not reusable but it's good enough to keep it straight when initially installing.

EH FCC of the QCB /

Just making a coil out of that sheet?

No, scroll down to these:

Telescoping Corrosion-Resistant 3003 Aluminum Tubes

The size depends on the kit obvs, but I think I used these on a puch polini: https://www.mcmaster.com/7237K19/

Totally normal JBOT /

They’re called studs ever heard of em

I never center kits any tighter than stud clearance and never had an issue even with high revvers

I like to have my base gasket(s) and shim all cut and happy with the cylinder first. Then use my high precision eyeballs to visually center everything on the case. Then use a center punch to scratch alignment lines wherever I can.

It’s a little more fuss, but low tech and easy.

When its time to assemble, cut get it snug and bump it until all the lines are perfect.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account