LEDs up and running on KTM Foxi

My quest for turn signals takes a step closer. Did some final wiring on the new ebay multi switch that actually fits on the left grip. Now the horn and all lights work. Running bulbs from ledlight.com, they have good prices and a great selection of 6v and weird stuff. Multi voltage, AC, etc. Running a 6V Yamaha 1 wire regulator from treatland.tv. I ran it full speed around the neighborhood and no blown bulbs. I had blown bulbs on the same run before installing the regulator, so I think I'm in good shape now. The tungsten brake light actually flickers more than the LEDs. Not sure of the long term life so I'm going to carry tungsten spares, but I'm pretty confident right now. (edited)

Re: LEDs up and running on KTM Foxi

After reading this I just ordered new LED bulbs for my newport. Headlight, tail light, brake light and of course the speedo bulb 😎

Dont forget the regulator if you don't have one already! If I kept the halogen headlight the other LEDs held out fine without the reg., Otherwise pop once you rev it.

I already have a trail tech voltage regulator that I purchased when I got the hpi 210 ignition. The regulator is adjustable from 6v to 14v. No worry here about the leds blowing on rev-up

I was thinking about getting one of those because only anecdotes here and there say the trailtech can do 6v, but nowhere actually solidly said "yes, it will do 6v, dont listen to everything that says its 12v only". Thats why i ended up with the yamaha.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account