Sha 15.15 on nc50, need help

The dellorto carb swap is almost done but the cable recommended on treatland has too much slack. Im not sure if I should shorten the cable or make a bracket or if there is a simpler way.

20211030_144256.jpg

Re: Sha 15.15 on nc50, need help

That’s all whacky dude, you’ve got 2 adjusters on there on the same end. What does the cable going into the throttle assembly look like?

Maybe you could use one of these :

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?7,4404667,4404762,flat=1#msg-4404762

Then adjust the cable length . ;)

The adjuster on the carb doesn't help any in my situation. The other end has no adjuster.

1635634862994532273097493416022.jpg

You're missing the adjuster that screws into the throttle control base .

Maybe one of the two you have on the other end of the cable is suppose to go there ?

A throttle 90degree bendy would help

> pat splat wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> A throttle 90degree bendy would help

Thats what the express had on it originally. It was part of the original cable and not removable. Also, on the carb side, the cable should probably go down the left side of frame instead of the right side. Tis whacked at the moment. (edited)

My Express has been a jalopy the whole time I've owned it. The throttle and front brake cables were seized with rust, the engine was seized, and it must of been laying in a puddle with all the rust on the stator and flywheel. I still have the 90 degree bendy bit from the original rusted out cable. it looks like I would need to cut off the end to add the bendy and I worry about messing up the cable in the process.

20211031_122628.jpg

looks like a good mod, how much are those?

> Nick Cross wrote:

> looks like a good mod, how much are those?

Use the quote when responding . It's the only way for folks to know who you're talking to .

Anyway , read the thread I linked .

Jack Rutherford /

I haven't read PD's thread yet but this could be a job for - Rock Hard Old Fuel Line. I save it for just this purpose. Is your throttle cable backwards? Looks like you have the carb end going into the handlebars. And that throttle cable may be too short unless there's some hidden slack. You want it to come over the carb and then go down into it. I'd just use the stock express cable. I've used it plenty of times with the SHA. I just rescued some frozen cables (all of them) on an express. Take the cable off at one end; zip tie it to the bike so it stays upright; take some duct tape and make a funnel around the end you took off; zip tie the tape at the base of the funnel; spray it full of your favorite lube and let it drip down into the cable over night.

I use a luber like :

Then work the inner cable .

Generally I can get a lot more miles out of cables that way . ;)

> Jack Rutherford wrote:

> I haven't read PD's thread yet but this could be a job for - Rock Hard

> Old Fuel Line. I save it for just this purpose. Is your throttle cable

> backwards? Looks like you have the carb end going into the handlebars.

> And that throttle cable may be too short unless there's some hidden

> slack. You want it to come over the carb and then go down into it.

> I'd just use the stock express cable. I've used it plenty of times with

> the SHA. I just rescued some frozen cables (all of them) on an express.

> Take the cable off at one end; zip tie it to the bike so it stays

> upright; take some duct tape and make a funnel around the end you took

> off; zip tie the tape at the base of the funnel; spray it full of your

> favorite lube and let it drip down into the cable over night.

The correct end is going to handlebar and and there is plenty of slack. I tried to unsieze the original cable with wd40 but was unsuccessful. I still have a good oem cable, would I need to modify it to use on the dellorto?

Scottee doesn't know. /

youll need somehting to go into the throttle base or that housing wont have a stop.

take the extra barrel adjuster off the throttle side.

get a really small knarp. (treats) take the throttle apart and cut the end of the cable off and add the knarp down the cable to take of the slack. the knarp will still be too large and grind inside the throttle housing. so be sure its where you want it.

then grind a mm-ish of each side of the knarp and put your throttle back together.

literally just did this on 3 hobbits. maybe get an extra knarp.

Jack Rutherford /

I’ve put so many SHA’s on expresses and I don’t remember ever having to modify the stock cable. I usually just replace the throttle guide on the sha with a shorter one from another carb. I think you did that on yours. So modify the carb and not the cable.

My cables were so seized and full of crud that I couldn’t force lube through the cable lube tool into the cable.

> Jack Rutherford wrote:

> I’ve put so many SHA’s on expresses and I don’t remember ever having to

> modify the stock cable. I usually just replace the throttle guide on

> the sha with a shorter one from another carb. I think you did that on

> yours. So modify the carb and not the cable.

>

> My cables were so seized and full of crud that I couldn’t force lube

> through the cable lube tool into the cable.

I ended up modifying my throttle slide in the carb and went back to the stock cable. My setup is still a bit janky but the moped is running much better now.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account