First Moby AV7 build

Brycen Deines /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Sup everyone...been a looooong time since I've used the forum but a recently acquired 78' Motobecane 50V has sucked me back into a moped build.

Bike is in beautiful shape & I'll skip all the it sat for years bla bla and cut to the chase. Runs and rides now and so far it's stock with a Malossi short intake a SHA clone 15. Only other thing I swapped was stock pulley for a phone dial as my stocker was wonky. 60 main jet for now at 3000'.

Got the bike to do about 35 once with shit for motor mounts, soon to be replaced. I've done a ton of reading on performance mods, everything from stock cyl porting to kits to variator mods but that hasn't exactly helped me pin down what I want the build to be.

Basic goal is faster, maybe mid 40s. 50 plus would rule. I have a bunch of other motorcycle projects going as well so I don't really have it in me to do a bunch of porting & super time consuming mods. Kind of just wanna bolt on and go with this one. I did build a 55mph Hobbit which kind of ruined me as I sold it to a buddy and he's loving the hell out of it.

Budget isn't a huge issue. Anxious to hear feedback...

IMG_20211004_195253448.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account