Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> P D wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Simmons wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > P D wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > ---------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > Is the pin centered front to back of the piston or is it slightly

>

> > toward

>

> >

>

> > > either ?

>

> >

>

> > Which pin? The ring location pin? If so it's located where I have the

>

> > black mark on top of the piston.

>

> Sorry , I should have clarified . I meant the wrist pin . The ring pins

> are 'adjustable' .

It looks centered to me.

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Looking on Google images I’m seeing a lot of reed kits ( the reed kit Probably cost as much as a good piston) but it really doesn’t fix the problem🙄 (edited)

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> Tweaker trash wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Looking on Google images I’m seeing a lot of reed kits ( the reed kit

> Probably cost as much as a good piston) but it really doesn’t fix the

> problem🙄

Truth. I want to fix the problem. Y s I bought the cylinder to reed it but after discovering this I'm going to play with it as a piston port.

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Maybe try an airsal piston. They’re pretty cheap! Boost holes don’t affect it too much. I ran one in a metra kit for a bit, but my skirts ended up being cracked from the last seize and it didn’t last long once I took it up to 12k. (edited)

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> Stephen Simmons wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > P D wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Stephen Simmons wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > P D wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > ---------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Is the pin centered front to back of the piston or is it slightly

>

> >

>

> > > toward

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > either ?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Which pin? The ring location pin? If so it's located where I have

> the

>

> >

>

> > > black mark on top of the piston.

>

> >

>

> > Sorry , I should have clarified . I meant the wrist pin . The ring

> pins

>

> > are 'adjustable' .

>

> It looks centered to me.

You should measure . The pin should be , and normally is , slightly toward the exhaust side of the piston .

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> P D wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Simmons wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > P D wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Stephen Simmons wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > P D wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > ---------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > Is the pin centered front to back of the piston or is it

> slightly

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > toward

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > > either ?

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Which pin? The ring location pin? If so it's located where I have

>

> > the

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > black mark on top of the piston.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Sorry , I should have clarified . I meant the wrist pin . The ring

>

> > pins

>

> >

>

> > > are 'adjustable' .

>

> >

>

> > It looks centered to me.

>

> You should measure . The pin should be , and normally is , slightly

> toward the exhaust side of the piston .

Ill measure it

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Somethiong else to consider :

How do the transfer openings in the sides of the skirt line up with those of the cylinder .

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> Stephen Simmons wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Tweaker trash wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Looking on Google images I’m seeing a lot of reed kits ( the reed kit

>

> > Probably cost as much as a good piston) but it really doesn’t fix the

>

> > problem🙄

>

> Truth. I want to fix the problem. Y s I bought the cylinder to reed it

> but after discovering this I'm going to play with it as a piston port.

Do the opposite

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Kevin Bishop /

I had a eurokit that was 47mm pp for puch on a tomos. I would check it but sold it to Tampa Steve.

Edit: never mind I forgot about the windows in the piston. (edited)

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

🤔 maybe?

IMG_20211010_201221623.jpg
IMG_20211010_201451474.jpg
IMG_20211010_201506880.jpg

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Arisal for the win.

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> Jay Rivett wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Arisal for the win.

We will see!

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Guys this is dangerous stuff

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Go or blow baby! To be continued....

IMG_20211113_202519374.jpg
IMG_20211113_202538337.jpg
IMG_20211113_203902770.jpg

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Looking good dude. Caint wait to see your outcome.

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Cleaned them up a little more.

IMG_20211118_130642713.jpg

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Getting closer!

IMG_20211118_131331213.jpg
IMG_20211118_131448849.jpg
IMG_20211118_131623849.jpg

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Time to order more parts

IMG_20211118_133156434.jpg
IMG_20211118_132654990.jpg

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

So are you gonna run a eurokit piston?

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> L e e wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So are you gonna run a eurokit piston?

No the 47mm Parma kit with Euro kit piston

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> Stephen Simmons wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > L e e wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > So are you gonna run a eurokit piston?

>

> No the 47mm Parma kit with Euro kit piston

Cool I was gonna do the same but yer way ahead of me. Interested to see the results!!

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

> L e e wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Stephen Simmons wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > L e e wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > So are you gonna run a eurokit piston?

>

> >

>

> > No the 47mm Parma kit with Euro kit piston

>

> Cool I was gonna do the same but yer way ahead of me. Interested to see

> the results!!

Will definitely keep this thread updated

Re: 47mm Puch Parma kit intake timing

Working on the clutch while waiting on other engine parts

IMG_20211118_222628475.jpg

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account