Help what intake to get

This is a no brainer, but I have less than no brain at the moment and need answers. I’ve got a tomos a3 with the 70cc alukit on it that has reeds. I’m upgrading to a vm20 and need to know what intake to get. A link or a photo would help best, or even just a name. I’m looking at the MLM intake on treats but it mentions something about single petal (I don’t know what that refers to) and it’s damn criminally expensive for a coated piece of pipe… plus I don’t know if it will even work with my setup. Please and thank you!

Re: Help what intake to get

The single petal is the stock style Reed block. Looks like mlm is all that treats has.

If it's too expensive... Take whatever intake you have now, cut off the old pipe, JB weld a piece of appropriately sized pipe to it and run it.

louis borzage /

> * wormdirt * wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The single petal is the stock style Reed block. Looks like mlm is all

> that treats has.

>

> If it's too expensive... Take whatever intake you have now, cut off the

> old pipe, JB weld a piece of appropriately sized pipe to it and run it.

Awesome, thanks for the tip! Will most likely go the jb route. Cheers

JB weld supporting a suspended carburetor body on a vibrating engine sounds like a recipe for failure and air leaks

Yeah do the JB weld thang, then you can wreck your 150$ kit and you'll learn why people spend money on the good intake, plus the intake will seem a lot cheaper compared to the money you'll spend after you have to buy the kit again so it's a win-win

The single petal vm20 MLM intake will work great.

There's also the option of the four petal reed block vm20 MLM intake: https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-tomos-A35-intake-for-malossi-4-petal-mikuni-p/mlm-tomos-intake-1095.htm

It's more money (gotta buy the $59 reed block too), but a four petal reed block definitely has more potential than the stock style two petal reed block. (edited)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account