Turbo air cooler

Does anyone know what the smallest turbo I could put on my exhaust to run a air cooler to the fins?

Re: Turbo air cooler

Dirty30 Dillon /

> K Olena wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Does anyone know what the smallest turbo I could put on my exhaust to

> run a air cooler to the fins?

Just run an e-fan rather than adding all that additional plumbing and weight to a simple bike. Small electric fans are so cheap and very easy to find in the wild a la salvage.

If you have decent 12v power available a 120mm fan would probably work fine. If you want something that doesn't require electricity you could use a scooter fan bolted to the flywheel and make a duct.

Totally normal JBOT /

Fans don’t help at all unless they are shrouded over the fan and fins and have it run off the flywheel. Electric fans don’t do much of anything. Ask me why I know. They draw huge amounts of power which a moped stator cannot provide.

The cooling solution for mopeds is either wc head or ducted fan run off the crank mounted to flywheel.

Okay so I seen like the fan cooled Hobbit you all know. I've seen water cooled. I've seen fan-cooled like the V1 minerally. I was just looking to be badass and have a turbo on my exhaust but if you guys can't hang I get it. And I don't know who said that turbos don't work with two stroke but if you put a turbo on a 2-stroke and you pull from zero you're going to get better acceleration for a little while

I mean if you want to do it, go for it, figure it out.

It's hard to know what the smallest and most efficient turbo would be I would imagine it would suffice for my 50cc Turbo if I can find a model

Wow dude mind blow 🤯

Dirty30 Dillon /

If you use the turbo for cylinder cooling, you cannot use it to turbocharge the motor, hence why this is pointless.

If you just want to turbocharge the motor for performance, that's a different story.

Yeah, my impression from your first post is that you want something to cool your head? Now you want to turbo charge it? There was a turbo'd Puch knocking about a while back, rat style.

Im lost, we talking hair blower or head cylinder cooler or turbocharging motor.

Would be kinda cool to have multiple uses off your portable moped. Hmm, If i had a mini turbo which blows air.... equals cylinder head cooler, hair dryer, leaf blower, aquarium aerator,

Air brakes, tire inflator, sized down it would also blow out carb passages or run all pneumatic tools.

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Newton's law. Say if you wanna cool something down then some other part gonna get hot. Also energy just doesnt come from nowhere. Say electricity in the walls come from power plants, mostly fossil fuels, mostly nuclear and small percentage renewables. This is the fallacy of the "environmental friendly" battery powered vehicle...

I mean a flywheel mounted coming fan is 'supercharger cooling' so that's pretty sweet.

> pat splat wrote:

> Also energy just doesnt come from nowhere. Say electricity in the walls

> come from power plants, mostly fossil fuels, mostly nuclear and small

> percentage renewables. This is the fallacy of the "environmental

> friendly" battery powered vehicle...

There's truth in this, but it depends entirely on one's local conditions. Seattle, for example, gets 90% of its power from hydro, and has for decades. We have a solar installation on our house that could charge an EV if we had one.

I was saying like a small 50cc diesel turbo that would be efficient enough to run to my cooling fans through a shield

> Brian F wrote:

> > pat splat wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Also energy just doesnt come from nowhere. Say electricity in the

> walls

>

> > come from power plants, mostly fossil fuels, mostly nuclear and small

>

> > percentage renewables. This is the fallacy of the "environmental

>

> > friendly" battery powered vehicle...

>

> There's truth in this, but it depends entirely on one's local

> conditions. Seattle, for example, gets 90% of its power from hydro, and

> has for decades. We have a solar installation on our house that could

> charge an EV if we had one.

So it looks like washington electrical 75 hydro n 25 non renewable. Your top tier cuz of natural water flow and plenty plenty of sunshine, what 60 days?

Anyways can you even imagine how many tons of shit has to be moved and sifted, chemixed , and packaged for one lithium battery? Upon death in a few years Just toss it great just dig a hole? Gotta step back and look at the whole picture.

Diesel is the most efficient way to move material. Trains move something like 50 tons a mile per gallon. (edited)

> pat splat wrote:

> So it looks like washington electrical 75 hydro n 25 non renewable. Your

> top tier cuz of natural water flow and plenty plenty of sunshine, what

> 60 days?

I said Seattle, not Washington. Looks like the mix has changed a little since I last looked, but they've completely eliminated natural gas and coal except for when they buy from the common market in emergencies: https://www.seattle.gov/city-light/about-us/communications/media-information

84% hydro, 5% nuclear, 4% wind, 1% biogas. Note there's no solar listed; Seattle is indeed not a great place for solar due to its latitude, but it does get 152 sunny days per year, not 60.

> Anyways can you even imagine how many tons of shit has to be moved and

> sifted, chemixed , and packaged for one lithium battery? Upon death in a

> few years Just toss it great just dig a hole? Gotta step back and look

> at the whole picture.

I made no assertions to the contrary.

> Diesel is the most efficient way to move material. Trains move

> something like 50 tons a mile per gallon.

Trains are indeed great. Electric trains powered directly by the grid, with a substantial portion of non-fossil fuels in the mix, are even better.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> K Olena wrote:

> I was saying like a small 50cc diesel turbo that would be efficient

> enough to run to my cooling fans through a shield

Again: run a fan do do this. It will cost less, weigh less, require less than or equal work.

Not to mention I don't know many 50cc turbo diesel engines lol.

Screenshot_20210919-083403_Chrome.jpg

It's a big wide world of out tthere

How do you plan on oiling the turbo? Would the backpressure created be healthy for the engine? Seems like it would make MORE heat.

Wtf is going on in this thread? I am so confused. 😄

You're definitely right on he would make more heat part but if you're displacing the Heat more than you are increasing then the end result would be beneficial. As for oil Cooling I'm wondering if I could make a copper tube to constantly recycled the oil in the bearing. The idea is completely based on bougie thoughts.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> K Olena wrote:

> >

> It's a big wide world of out tthere

This is a 500cc 4t turbo, not 50cc diesel turbo.

This is all just wasted breath tho.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account