Who 3d prints parts

If you have services please pm me

Re: Who 3d prints parts

Not versed in this stuff but i have seen them in the local library. Ask the librarian which button to push for a bolt on stator fan n matching shroud. Or which two buttons for a mini turbo.

Dirty30 Dillon /

Do you have pre-made STL's your looking to print, or are you looking for someone to R&D, model and slice a file for you and then print?

I offered, sounds like the latter. Aintnobodygottimefothat

If you're trying to get someone to model shit for you expect to pay at least $50/hour. That's the low side for sure

I've just had multiple times were 3D printer would come in clutch and for example I needed someone to design a velocity stack a 15 mm Bing on the intake flange because my carburetor is inverted and you have that potential to clamp a velocity stack which would be good on a 70cc but my 80cc Reed valve Athena needs more air anyway but would be a nice little addition to the 3D printing page.

I looked up files and at some point I would actually use some of the files for some of my projects like I was working on a Venturi also for a Sha of 12 mm for a customer.

Yeah I get that it's pretty expensive for a engineer to design for 1. But if I have a good idea and I think it's worth keeping I'd rather have it go through our hands. I was working on a cheap flat Reed intake 4 stock bikes. Since they're only pushing 14 mm Max in takes to begin with you would only need a small Reed.

Even like simple stuff would be better like imagine using a 3D printed Bolt and nut on say something like Rebel Mobis variator spring set up it would be super cool I think.

Wondering if they're ever going to make clear plastic 3D printed parts. You wouldn't have to be perfect but if you could see the fuel turbulence in your intake you probably could tune your bike better and learn a little bit more about how your bike runs

Well as I digress I guess if you have any ideas you can post them here thanks for the input guys.

So what if you had a spacer for a long thread spark plug that goes into a short plug hole. I'm not saying that the material would hold up very long just saying would be cool to be able to run some n g k Type R plugs in some my projects.

Dirty30 Dillon /

As someone who does a lot of time-consuming design stuff for 3dP, I would say your best bet may be to start learning 3d modelling and such. If you can at least create the STL's than paying to print is easy, you may just need to pay for 5-6 prints as tests before you get the design correct.

And Nick's $50/hr is definitely on the low side for a freelance modelling gig. Expect to also pay up front for a minimum hour-invoice of development time.

> K Olena wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> So what if you had a spacer for a long thread spark plug that goes into

> a short plug hole. I'm not saying that the material would hold up very

> long just saying would be cool to be able to run some n g k Type R plugs

> in some my projects.

Why would you want to run a long plug in a short plug head? Seems pretty redundant when you can buy the exact same plugs in short and long

Yeah download fusion 360 for free and start fuckin around.

I have a 180$ ender 3, I've run 20+ spools though it, worth every penny.

Like I told ya in the email it usually takes at least 2-3 tries with cheap pla to get the design perfect for any useable part, then if it needs to actually do work I'll print it with cheap petg or expensive glass filled nylon.

People don't really get that I've got 100k+ in education, and 15+ years of work experience invested in the ability to design shit good, compared to that the $200 printer and a few bucks worth of filament is practically free.

That said, I love making moped parts, sometimes I do stuff that I think will sell or people might need just for fun, then I never actually make more than a few because I get bored. If we actually started a 'i wish someone made' thread, I might actually put some time into making some of the stuff.

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> As someone who does a lot of time-consuming design stuff for 3dP, I

> would say your best bet may be to start learning 3d modelling and such.

> If you can at least create the STL's than paying to print is easy, you

> may just need to pay for 5-6 prints as tests before you get the design

> correct.

>

> And Nick's $50/hr is definitely on the low side for a freelance

> modelling gig. Expect to also pay up front for a minimum hour-invoice of

> development time.

that depends. i 3d printed an adapter to use nt carburetors on a moped. lets say for example the circular adapter is 16mm on outside and 14mm inside, i couldnt figure out how to cut out the 14mm on the inside, so i just asked a supervisor at the library and he helped me for free. there are also books at the library that teach people to make .stl drawings step by step if anyone wants to learn.

Dirty30 Dillon /

> kenny s wrote:

> that depends. i 3d printed an adapter to use nt carburetors on a moped.

> lets say for example the circular adapter is 16mm on outside and 14mm

> inside, i couldnt figure out how to cut out the 14mm on the inside, so i

> just asked a supervisor at the library and he helped me for free. there

> are also books at the library that teach people to make .stl drawings

> step by step if anyone wants to learn.

In this case, you used a free resource which is great. But that is not hiring someone (as he stated he is looking to do) so not hyper relevant.

If he said, "I need a 24mm long tube, with 14mm ID/16mm OD +/- .XXmm tolerance," than someone could easily design and print that. But I feel like that is not the case here.

That's seriously a great way to get into it though, lots of libraries are offering 3d printing and good software, seeing the process in person helps a lot with understanding how it works.

For years a few companies really tried to make 3d printing expensive and unobtainable (fuck stratasys BTW) but now that the open source stuff has taken over it's incredibly cheap and easy to get into. Even cheaper and easier than mopeds!

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account