Re: Who 3d prints parts

K Olena /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've just had multiple times were 3D printer would come in clutch and for example I needed someone to design a velocity stack a 15 mm Bing on the intake flange because my carburetor is inverted and you have that potential to clamp a velocity stack which would be good on a 70cc but my 80cc Reed valve Athena needs more air anyway but would be a nice little addition to the 3D printing page.

I looked up files and at some point I would actually use some of the files for some of my projects like I was working on a Venturi also for a Sha of 12 mm for a customer.

Yeah I get that it's pretty expensive for a engineer to design for 1. But if I have a good idea and I think it's worth keeping I'd rather have it go through our hands. I was working on a cheap flat Reed intake 4 stock bikes. Since they're only pushing 14 mm Max in takes to begin with you would only need a small Reed.

Even like simple stuff would be better like imagine using a 3D printed Bolt and nut on say something like Rebel Mobis variator spring set up it would be super cool I think.

Wondering if they're ever going to make clear plastic 3D printed parts. You wouldn't have to be perfect but if you could see the fuel turbulence in your intake you probably could tune your bike better and learn a little bit more about how your bike runs

Well as I digress I guess if you have any ideas you can post them here thanks for the input guys.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account