Peugeot 103 Manual clutch

Carraig Butler /

Hi,

First, post in a while, but I was wondering if I could get a little help here. Some background info first, I'm doing this for an engineering project so I expect there to be difficulties, but it also means I have access to all the tools to do it. My clutch constantly sticks and remains engaged constantly due to heat from my after-market engine. This made me wonder whether it would be possible to avoid the centrifugal clutch altogether and rig up a manual one instead. or at the very least fabricate my own centrifugal clutch pully, as it would go there regardless. I cant see it working in any location other than the pully. any tips or resources out there that could point me in the right direction? or is this too ambitious? are there possibly any existing manual clutches that I can hack together to fit my Peugeot 104?

(104 shares the same internals as 103)

any help would be very much appreciated :)

Re: Peugeot 103 Manual clutch

Dirty30 Dillon /

The SPX/RCX solves this issue with a rear clutch on the pulley.

For your project, I would simply fabricate a performance clutch pulley. Going manual is not only problematic, but kind of redundant with only a single final drive ratio to play with.

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The SPX/RCX solves this issue with a rear clutch on the pulley.

>

> For your project, I would simply fabricate a performance clutch pulley.

> Going manual is not only problematic, but kind of redundant with only a

> single final drive ratio to play with.

This,

Also an idea is to adapt a scooter clutch to the doppler rear pulley. Like stage6 or polini sport.

Got to see a pugeot country BMX thing for the first time in person this weekend at mopedGP. It uses a mechanism to open the rear pulley like a clutch, really cool.

Carraig Butler /

yeah, I think that's the most sensible option. Do you know of any places I could get files or schematics for a centrifugal clutch or specifically clutch pully?

(sorry for the late reply btw)

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Carraig Butler wrote:

> yeah, I think that's the most sensible option. Do you know of any places

> I could get files or schematics for a centrifugal clutch or specifically

> clutch pully?

>

> (sorry for the late reply btw)

Umm, no.

I highly doubt you'll have a factory blueprint available for a clutch pulley. You best bet may be getting your hands on a used one for R&D

My friend Shaw took a motorcycle clutch, welded to an angel pulley (solid alu), then used a worm gear over the pedal shaft to engage it.

Pug rear manual clutch worked perfect, simple design, but genius.

Carraig Butler /

Sounds sick! Do you have any photos?

> Carraig Butler wrote:

> Sounds sick! Do you have any photos?

Yes, its sitting in my garage still :D Ill grab some

download_20210921_204101.jpg
download_20210921_204058.jpg
download_20210921_204056.jpg

That is wild

> T y l e r wrote:

> My friend Shaw took a motorcycle clutch, welded to an angel pulley

> (solid alu), then used a worm gear over the pedal shaft to engage it.

>

> Pug rear manual clutch worked perfect, simple design, but genius.

So would you rotate the pedals like 90 degrees to engange/disengage the clutch instead of a cable?

> L e e wrote:

> So would you rotate the pedals like 90 degrees to engange/disengage the

> clutch instead of a cable?

No

Cable connected to worm gear, which would pull the entire pedal shaft to the right. The end of the crank arm would then disengage the clutch.

i like it.

if you used a clutch with an outer pressure plate, you could push on it instead of pull. and a small hydraulic slave might do the job discreetly.

typically a clutch like the one pictured would have the actuator on the clutch side and use a lever arm or ramped plate instead of a clutch pushrod (or pullrod in this case)

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account