Re: SHA filter/ jet question

Jay Rivett /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Yes you could go down in jet sizes, but I would opt for removing screens from the filter pack rather than dropping down in jets.

Consider that a sha is a single stage carb with no needle or idle jet to adjust the fuel flow for various throttle positions. It all works off of one jet and slide for air flow.

You can modify your slide to function more like a typical needle as well by cutting out a notch at the bottom or also adjusting the angle of the bottom of the slide.

I also like to remove a few of the screens from the filter pack and insert a piece of fabric or thin foam to help with air restriction.

Just gotta get creative with these carbs. But I am always trying to get as large of jet as possible in my sha carbs. with kits I'm usually in the mid 70's and kits with reeds up into the 80's

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account