SHA filter/ jet question

Matt Madden /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

hey all,

i have a sha15 and matching intake on my moby 50v build, just installed the airsal 74cc kit and did the usual to ensure compression is within reason.

highest temp I've reached was 380...anyway...

I had a dellorto screen w/o the cover on there with a set screw to keep it from falling out. i just picked up a new cover,screen and clip for the carb.

I know it's more restrictive and i can remove screens and all but i was wondering if all things being equal I can just drop a couple jet sizes (to lean it some) and accomplish the same thing (really not a huge difference but top end speed was a little more mellow).

so, for instance i had a 68 jet in it with the derestricted screen...can i go down to a 66 or 65 with the more restrictive air filter and achieve the same result???

oh another thing...I've always installed the dellorto cover with the vents on the bottom but i've switched them to facing up on the 2 bikes i use dells on...i don't imagine there's much difference...is there?

thanks!

just wondering

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account