Ciao Belts

Hey guys, have a variated Ciao and I'm trying to find proper belt length.

I have a Polini variator with a Euro clutch on the back with 90mm pulleys to fit into the Ciao frame without cutting it up. The 7227 Malossi Ciao belt is waaay too loose, I'd need to extend the engine mounting holes in the frame at least 10mm more each than it's already been lengthened to get it taught enough to work, is there a different belt y'all are using that would work?

TIA

Re: Ciao Belts

Take a look at myrons informative page on belts.

todd amundson /

Malossi ciao belt only works with 100 mm pulleys or 108 which won’t fit without cutting. I use the malossi belts with 100 rear pulley but my motor is as far forward as I can get it.

I ran the malossi ciao belt on my bike with 90mm cheeks but had to dremel the slots longer to get proper belt tension.

Jarod V. /
16v OP

I'd like to swap the belt before I cut the frame to lengthen the mounting holes if possible, from what I'm hearing a belt that works doesn't exist unless I modify the frame further?

Jarod V. /
16v OP

After a bit more research it seems that an AX35 belt might fit the bill as it's roughly the length I'm looking for while having proper width and taper. I suppose I'll give that a go.

29F679FF-0A09-495B-B95A-6826D00EA2A0.jpeg

Also still tuning but AX35 seems pretty good

Dirty30 Dillon /

The AX series belts are fine if you're running a stock front var, if you swap to an aftermarket front, the AX ends ups wearing and being too tall to engage variator cheeks as it rests against the boss.

Jarod V. /
16v OP

> Dirty30 Dillon wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> The AX series belts are fine if you're running a stock front var, if you

> swap to an aftermarket front, the AX ends ups wearing and being too tall

> to engage variator cheeks as it rests against the boss.

So that 0.3mm of extra width makes all the difference?

Dirty30 Dillon /

It's the height that is the larger issue.

Jarod V. /
16v OP

I see, suppose the best solution is to just dremel the engine mounting slots 10-15mm longer so that I can run the Malossi belt I already have.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account