Treats puch sealed wheel bearings

The bearings they sell on treats requires a different axle to use them correct?

bearings

Re: Treats puch sealed wheel bearings

As far as I know, yes. When I converted my snowflake wheels I definitely had to change the axles. The stock axles for loose bearings were 11mm, and the new sealed bearings required a 12mm axle. The bearings you linked are 12mm ID too.

It looks like you're converting from spokes; I haven't done that, but a quick check with a set of calipers would confirm the size of the axles your bike currently has.

If you are switching to sealed bearings you need all new hardware. Axle, spacers, nuts, washers, the whole deal. Axles should be 12mm "sealed bearing style" (mainly meaning smooth in the center rather than threaded all the way through)

Here is part of the puzzle for the rear wheel: https://www.treatland.tv/puch-moped-REAR-sealed-bearing-axle-12mm-x-185mm-p/puch-axle-12mm-rear-sealed.htm

Chad Tufts /

Awesome, thanks for the info. Looks like another order for treats lol

You'll need a center spacer for the hub between the new sealed bearings as well. The last time I did a Puch Leleu spoke conversion I ended up using a 76mm spacer, but you must measure your own to get the right spacing.

You can mix and match the spacers in this kit to get the correct spacing, but it's better to get a length of steel pipe with an ID of just over 12mm and an OD of 17mm or so and cut it to size based on your measurements.

You may also need a 12mm drill bit for the brake hub

Chad Tufts /

Thanks Mike, I didn't see that video on YouTube.

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Axles should be 12mm "sealed

> bearing style" (mainly meaning smooth in the center rather than threaded

> all the way through)

Does this matter? If so, how? I've had some sealed axle bearings that didn't have enough threads, so I added more with a 12mm x 1 mm die. I didn't both to do so super precisely, so the area under the bearings and some portion of the spacers is threaded.

I'm having trouble imagining how that would hurt anything in a meaningful way, but I'm no mechanical engineer.

Chad Tufts /

In the video with the conversion, what is he using for the axle? Threaded rod?

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account