Jawa 210 carb set up

So I have a 1988 210 sport.

Compression is at 135✔️

Spark✔️

No nests or cloggs at intake or exhaust ✔️

Cleaned carb and new gaskets✔️

Peddles around the yard and checked the plug. It was bone dry. After that I checked the bowl. Fuel✔️

Fuck this Jawa carb ✔️✔️✔️

I’ve gotten feed back about using a 12mm bing or I can also use a dellorto.

Which am I going to use AND with what jet

Re: Jawa 210 carb set up

Luke Martin /

Ya, i read that. 🙏

Well, going from a 12mm Jikov to a 12mm Bing isn't much of an upgrade. If I were you, I'd do the work to use a 15 SHA or a 14 PHVA if you want a carb with a needle.

With a 15 SHA, I'd expect the jetting to be around 60.

Luke Martin /

I have a new 16mm sha. Too much?

Nah, a 16mm SHA will be fine.

Luke Martin /

Thanks dude🤘🏽✊🏽

No problem, good luck!

I think the stock intake is a whopping 9mm ID. You really think slamming all that air from a carb over 12mm is going to be tunable,...with everything stock including the pipe? I'll follow this to see how well it turns out. Cool if it does, but doesn't make sense to me

The stock intake on my Jawas are 12mm.

But you're gonna need to make an intake to use a 15 SHA anyway.

Eric Davenport /

Got out my calipers and glad to admit I had it wrong. These intakes look super tiny and I recall reading somewhere that the manifold necks down around 9mm, but the port is 12mm l, so that's what matters. The SHA adaptor works sweet and so I may swap the 12mm Bing for a SHA 14.12. It's all about tunability.

Yeah, I suppose if you want to stick to a 12mm carb for some reason, you can use that...

yea of course going over 12mm you wanna get a bigger intake and match it to the cylinder but it can help a lot especailly if you're doing other porting. all else stock but a matched 15 carb and intake, I wouldn't expect very noticeable gains

still anything to ditch the jikov is pretty worthwhile.

kim jensen /

Yeah you will likely need to make a custom intake to fit a better carb. With the effort though.

A welder is your best friend here.

Eric Davenport /

Just use a puch sha square port intake

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account