best gearing for minarelli v1 50cc

Theokritos Moysides /

Now i have 10teeth front and 44 back(stock),what do you think? i read that a good ratio is 10 front and 34 back but im not sure for that

Re: best gearing for minarelli v1 50cc

You have what I have. I top out around 31 mph on 16” wheels….but the engine has way more power to give, 80 cc kit.

Not exactly a real answer for you, but at least you know the max you’ll get from yours. I’ve been wanting to change my rear sprocket also, just wasn’t sure what to get yet.

Theokritos Moysides /
teom OP

i have 18 inches not 16,this is written on the tire.I think that if I put such a smaller gear, maybe then I will not be able to go uphill.Do you have any problems with putting on your kit? (edited)

I went with the parmakit since I couldn’t get my hands on a polini after a few months of waiting. It was super simple (first one I’ve ever done) and it only required a little cleanup of the intake and exhaust ports. I pretty much just ride on gravel roads, some with fairly steep hills, and I have no problem accelerating up the hills. Not sure what mine would be like with 18” wheels, but I assume it’d still pull pretty hard.

Theokritos Moysides /
teom OP

what do you mean with cleanup?

The casting of the cylinder was a bit rough, had to use my dremel to grind the ports smooth. Also had to sand down the base of the cylinder to ensure it was smooth and flat. It’s nothing uncommon, many cylinder kits (especially cheaper ones) will need it

11x42 is perfect IMO on a stock cylinder with a pipe.

12x44 is usually what I run on 80cc minarelli, it puts the top speed close to the 50 mph range and will usually not hurt the clutch too bad. If you have 18 inch wheels I would say 11x40 something is what you want. They can really be geared out though, especially if you’re only doing long open roads and don’t need to tackle many hills from a stop. I’ve run 11x32 an was still able to ride around the city. It wasn’t a rocket ship off the line, but it was still rideable.

What bikes come with 18" rims?

> Satan 666 Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What bikes come with 18" rims?

Old ones.

Usually pre 70's. Which would also pre-date the V1. My Ducati had 18's. (edited)

3.6:1 is a sweet spot for kitted bikes. Stock? I would deviate much from stock gearing, maybe source a 11t front.

Eric Whatley /

I just finished this one. Polini kit with stock 10x44. It rips but gets to low 30s topped out. I just got a 12 for the front and will install soon.

IMG_20210625_214943_975.jpg

made this a while back because i hated looking at the spreadsheet version someone else had made

Minarelli-v1_Gearing-Chart.png

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account