Modded FA50 vm18 jetting

Ronnie Dale /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I understand that jetting advice is free and worth every penny you pay for it lol. But I would like to pick your brains as to what range of jetting is normal for a setup similar to mine.

The bike

89 fa50

Treatland big bore kit

Shaved head

Ported reed block

Boyesen 2 stage reeds

Vm18 carb

MLM intake

LeoVince pipe modded from some other moped

Stock timing

Deleted oil injection 50-1 premix e0 fuel

Right out of the box I lowered the float level. It was far too high as shipped for the angle my intake sits at and flooded immediately.

I know the idle jet is too big because I’ve got a lot of turns on the air screw and the choke is unusable. I’ve got an assortment coming.

The clip is second from bottom and the bike runs well enough. Perhaps a little soft on bottom but it’s very strong about 20mph and tops out at 30. It’s a little bubbly sounding at steady state cruise around 1/2 throttle. 3/4 to WOT doesn’t seem to net any extra acceleration or speed

Mainly want your opinion if this current tune is safe enough to get some miles on the moped and really dig into dialing the jetting in. (edited)

25834FE9-D91B-4881-8CDE-DC105C289EB7.jpeg
A24BB79F-1C95-4F12-B536-6A557049599A.jpeg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account