Will the real SHA gurus please stand up

If you've read the 'meddling wisp' thread you'll know what I'm playing with. I've got a genuine 16/16 sha with the plastic slide and I want to start tuning the carb. I have read the Wiki and a few other SHA related posts and kinda got my head round it.

A friend of a friend has offered his dyno to get it dialed in and I want to make sure I've got everything I need ready. Ordered a jet set from mid 60's to mid 70's which I hope is right (65cc airsal, 9:1 head, modified cashew). Question is should I order slides, and if so which one/ones??? The plastic one has the full length angled cut out, can it be improved?

Thanks in advance

Re: Will the real SHA gurus please stand up

Go with a #7 for piston port

Nice one KJI, #7 on order. 👍

#9 slide rocks too. it fully opens the carb on the bigger SHA's like the 15:15. It will open more of the 16:16 for sure.

I've had some luck with a modified #1 slide, but I think the SHA really relies on the bore being fully open & not partially blocked

I liked my 3D printed slide from treats in my 14:12

> LSLB RXb Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> #9 slide rocks too. it fully opens the carb on the bigger SHA's like the

> 15:15. It will open more of the 16:16 for sure.

>

> I've had some luck with a modified #1 slide, but I think the SHA really

> relies on the bore being fully open & not partially blocked

Hmmm, good shout Adam, I'm using a 16.16 and I hadn't thought about a #7 partially blocking the choke. I think a #9 (listed on treats) is a #4 in the UK, I'll see if I can tag one onto my order.

> Garrett The Kid Wrote:

> I liked my 3D printed slide from treats in my 14:12

Nice on Garrett, do you mean one of these guys👇?

https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,4296816

If so I was thinking I might try and modify a #7 like that. Thought I could try angling the cut out first and if it's still to boggy down low, drill a hole on the piss🤷‍♂️. I wish I could order from treats, or the other suppliers you guys have but import duty sucks ass.

Can you remember what sorta size holes/slots are in your slide?

> > Garrett The Kid Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > I liked my 3D printed slide from treats in my 14:12

>

> Nice on Garrett, do you mean one of these guys👇?

>

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/forums/read.php?2,4296816

>

> If so I was thinking I might try and modify a #7 like that. Thought I

> could try angling the cut out first and if it's still to boggy down low,

> drill a hole on the piss🤷‍♂️. I wish I could order from treats, or the

> other suppliers you guys have but import duty sucks ass.

>

> Can you remember what sorta size holes/slots are in your slide?

Yea that is the one. If you’re not able to order from treats directly, I would hit up OP in that thread and see what he says about getting one from him. The hole are real small, smaller than a 1/8” drill bit for sure, exact size I’m not sure right now.

Yeah that slide is a work of genius, or madness, either way I love it😍. Good idea, I'll reach out to the OP, if nothing else he might give me a hint on hole diameter.

He could send the file to a UK 3d print house and have a batch made there, you could pay for them, sell the extra and send him dogecoins

Brave new world, man!

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> He could send the file to a UK 3d print house and have a batch made

> there, you could pay for them, sell the extra and send him dogecoins

>

> Brave new world, man!

Hmmm, now there's an idea👍

Probably Fred /

I’m sitting down lol

I’m ok tuning with the 14.12 and the somewhat rarer 14.14 size on reed cylinders pretty much

https://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/brendenblack/

Hit him up, he's a rad dude, he would prob be down to have a British connection.

I haven't run one yet but I hear they are great and I think it's really cool to use Star Trek tech to fuck over the government! If it was my cad I would give it away just for the giggles.

Ya I always just hack up whatever slide they came with. Basically what Graham has in his blog. Give or take the occasional notch or weep hole at the top. But they are always on other people bikes so beside tuning I don’t ever ride a bike with one

It is a crazy new world with computers and such on the internet’s. Crazy awesome how much tech has gone into making a meh carb way better… kudos to the people.

> Graham Motzing Wrote:

> https://www.mopedarmy.com/riders/brendenblack/

>

> Hit him up, he's a rad dude, he would prob be down to have a British

> connection.

>

> I haven't run one yet but I hear they are great and I think it's really

> cool to use Star Trek tech to fuck over the government! If it was my cad

> I would give it away just for the giggles.

Graham, your right, he is a rad dude, he beat me to it!!! There's hope that I might be joining you lucky sob busting my own super dooper slide🤞🤞. It's the small things in life that bring the most joy right, well that what my wife says....🤔

Hello all,

Brenden Black (top bloke) has very kindly offered to send me over some of his slides, I haven't taken him up on his offer yet as I'd already order some #7s to play with I thought I'd have a bash first.

The holes certainly make a difference, I angled the cut out first which helped but putting some holes in improved things further, but I'd really like to know why? I've been trying to read up on fluid dynamics but it'll take a long time to come up with the information I need to explain exactly what's going on in there.

Does anyone know of an article on flat slides and flow that might help?

I was digging through a parts box of flat slides and found ones which were hollowed on the back, why, can't just be for weight reduction and saving material, there must be some funky Eddie thing going on?

I feel like deep diving fluid dynamics this weekend and confusing the hell out of myself.

Has anyone tried these venturi things from siltech performance?

Ansaugtrichter_Venturi_SIL_TECH_PERFORMANCE_Dell_Orto_SHA13_13_passend_f_r_Piaggio_Ciao_SI_Boxer_Bravo_SIL1313SHA_6_~2.jpg

Yes my name is cheetahchrome and I am an overeater.

It's been 15 min since I last ate.

Which slide # do you guys recommend for reed engines? SHA 15.15, 44mm airsal, biturbo.

I think I'm at the wrong church

> Paul H wrote:

> Which slide # do you guys recommend for reed engines? SHA 15.15, 44mm

> airsal, biturbo.

i wanna say the #9 slide or a modified #1 slide that fully opens up will be what you are looking for.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account