New E50 Clutch

When getting a new clutch do you just start with the screws all flush and then tune from there?

Re: New E50 Clutch

Ya. Don’t got more then 3 tho that is way too much and if unbraced it will probably bend/break a post. If not enough get heavier springs….

Eazy hack is run bike see how it does. Lay it on its side( so you don’t have to drain the oil). Pull it and make adjustments. Put it back in drive it and repeat until you get it where you like.

Chad Tufts /

I bought a new clutch but I've taken the current one out at least 6 times to adjust the screws.. I always put the bike on its side. 😉

But your saying you would start from flush??

20210729_164026.jpg

The wiki explains this pretty well. There is a max amount you want to turn the screws in. You mentioned a new clutch but it’s the springs that matter most. The treats blue springs or ESO springs are ok without a brace but anything stiffer and you risk bending the posts as mentioned above.

From your picture I see you have a proma circuit. Should be good with blue or eso springs

Chad Tufts /

Thanks for the input Jake!

You can use a fish scale or similar to make sure they all have approximately the same tension. There is a video describing it iirc

I use this one, it's easy because you can set the slide indicator to the resistance you want and it's easier to gauge. Comes in 25 or 50 lb max depending on how cray you get

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777GX5BG/

[/url]

Chad Tufts /

I need a tool like that, the blue springs I have are old and they don't feel the same at the same screw settings. 1 is always weaker. I'm 2 turns in from flush with the springs it came with and it's shifting too early. I'll order some new blue.

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> I use this one, it's easy because you can set the slide indicator to the

> resistance you want and it's easier to gauge. Comes in 25 or 50 lb max

> depending on how cray you get

>

>

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777GX5BG/

Thanks for this Mike I have been looking for one……whenever I am working on an e50 but forgot shortly after 🤣

Dang just saw this one that's probable even better: LINK

Chad Tufts /

I got this one. Scale

I've had negative results with the digital scales, but maybe it'll work out better for you!

Chad Tufts /

Digital scale works fine the way I'm using it to make sure all springs match. The bike hits very high rpms right away. 49cc 15mm intake, 15mm carb, high flow air filter, 68 jet in a 221. 16/45 gearing. Starts shifting right away no matter what. And then seems to be stuck shifting for a bit (edited)

I got the digital scale. I feel like I would like just the mechanical scale that I can set a tension limit to. But the digital has gotten me pretty close.

If you have not gotten stiffer springs already I know lots of folks run the blue polini ones but I do like the black esb springs.

I have tried a bunch of springs but I still think the DOS blue ones are my favorite. Stiffer than blue treats, ESO and The BLK treats ones. Mainly because you have to put less tension on the springs to achieve the same results.

Mike did you get the 25lb or 50lb scale? (edited)

25lb cuz I’m mild :)

Chad Tufts /

> EH FCC of the QCB Wrote:

> I have tried a bunch of springs but I still think the DOS blue ones are

> my favorite. Stiffer than blue treats, ESO and The BLK treats ones.

> Mainly because you have to put less tension on the springs to achieve

> the same results.

>

> Mike did you get the 25lb or 50lb scale?

Thanks for the input! I am looking at the dos springs now. The treat blue springs delivered yesterday and they are cranked down and still no good.

And you think the dos blue are stronger than the treats eso springs?

Chad Tufts /

Thanks!! Just ordered them. I've bought a few things from dos in the past but thought treats was the only place with springs.

We’re so spoiled now with Treats and DOS man. So many options.

Chad Tufts /

> EH FCC of the QCB Wrote:

> We’re so spoiled now with Treats and DOS man. So many options.

And everything is pretty inexpensive, I have much more expensive hobbies for sure.

My thoughts exactly. Super cheap to play around with.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account