ZA50 starting Jet

I’ve got a ZA50 that runs well, unsure what the jet is on it right now cause it’s really stripped out, and I can’t get it out without likely destroying it (which id rather not do until I have a replacement) Never changed it but it’s always run well.

I’m buying a circuit and the metal hi flow from treats, I’d love to upjet.

I’m thinking of getting 60s even for a start, but for a stock ZA50 with that exhaust + filter is that a decent range to start with? Think I should go lower? Higher? Seems like some people say they’re running 50s, some running 70-80-90 etc, kind of all over the place. Any sanity checks are appreciated. Thanks!

Re: ZA50 starting Jet

If you go on to Myron's moped you can find what the stock jet is for your carb+motor and go from there. I'd buy ~5 jets in increments of 2 so if your jet is a 60get a 62, 64, 68, 70 etc from treatland when you get the pipe.

If you get rid of the stock airbox you'll have to go even higher.

Alex Fredericksen /

Thanks, used that and I probably have a 58 in there right now assuming it’s stock. I’ll get the 60s even and hopefully that’s enough for the circuit + filter. Right now my filter is a cheesecloth and a zip tie.

Also, unrelated, but ZA50s are so goddamn fast. Out of the box except for flipped clutch, you heard it hear first. Stock jet, pipe, etc, thing just blasts off, second gear hits and you keep going. Absolute ripper. Can’t wait to make it better.

You replaced the pucks when you flipped the clutch right?

Totally normal JBOT /

Yeah sounds like he's got pucking time bomb..... Shift..... Shift......#&*

Nothing more enjoyable than pushing a ZA50 home with a locked up transmission

> Mike Boyd Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> You replaced the pucks when you flipped the clutch right?

Nope, just took em out and I find it runs better without em. Love the noise it makes. Plus the old pucks are just so delicious.

lol it's true they're like lil cherry gummies

Totally normal JBOT /

I buy them by the box fulls and wrap them up like little candies and give them out for Halloween

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account