Proma or Tecno circuit for magnum

Starting from scratch with an e50 on Magnum MK. Looking to get some good low end for all the hills around here. Are both circuits going to be tough to mount? Do they just require a bracket in the rear?

Thanks!

Re: Proma or Tecno circuit for magnum

MLM makes one especially for a Magnum but Magnum cylinders are angled port versus flat port on a Maxi and such. You can bend the headers of any flat port pipe to fit.

Probably Fred /

They both would fit but only with a kit that has a flat cylinder port.

But like any aftermarket pipe you may have to bend it a bit or change the mount.

Mlm makes a circuit pipe just for stock magnum cylinder but the fitment is not very good, I had to elongate header holes a lot and bend pipe a little but pedals are nowhere near hitting it for good clearance, it’s good for 7-8 mph more then stock with mesh filter and upjet,

[attachment 246307 6D65D23D-E805-4D0B-BA77-ABE83F763321.jpeg]

6D65D23D-E805-4D0B-BA77-ABE83F763321.jpeg

Totally normal JBOT /

Side bleed estrol ftw.

The circuit pipes are so loud.

Be prepared to be confronted by your neighbors due to your noisy bike they might start swinging baseball bats your direction.

There are too many hills for that pipe. I need some acceleration

Oh heyyyyyy Erin, it's been a minute, how's it going?

Are you running stock or kitted? Proma usually is the better choice but as others said the stock mag cylinder won't fit any of the pipes. If you're running kitted, usually the estoril is the best torque and power all around.

stock topend? i donno, there arent many choices for the stock angled port cylinder.

https://www.treatland.tv/Puch-moped-parts-s/26.htm?searching=Y&sort=5&cat=26&f-exhaust%20pipes=23&show=50&page=1&search=%20angled

i was underwhelmed by the peoples pipe when i put it on a Tomos A55 stock cylinder on an E50 (very similar to a stock large port korado/magnum topend). maybe the newer redesigned version with a smaller header diameter is better?

Promo pipe is super loud, the baffle tends to fall off, and header hack+weld required for an angle

techno boss...super loud and no low end

i live in mountains and the hill climbs are no problem

with the cheapest 70cc TCCD and a treatmetric clutch im very happy with my MLM Cali. i only need about 10 yards of flat ground acceleration to climb steep hills from a dead stop. my sprockets are 18x45 but im running tomos A55 mags that are only 16", so more like running 16x45 on 17" wheels

Totally normal JBOT /

And if he's going to keep the stock cylinder he's going to have to do som porting on it or it's only going to give him about 40% of what the pipe has to give.

He?

Totally normal JBOT /

Well I'm sorry about that Erin,

Seems like old colonical scope there is a little butthurt.

Have a nice tantrum.

I'm keeping the motor as is for now and just doing some carb and exhaust upgrades. Going with 15mm bing. Might rebuild with a polini eventually and consider ab estoril then. I'm looking for tips on how to get a performance exhaust to fit with the stock cylinder. I didn't have to do these things with my Maxi :)

Also, hello 😊😊 glad to see some familiar people still

Yeah probably more work than it's worth to make the magnum kit adapt, you'll have to cut off the header, buy or make a flange, cut and weld the flange on the header and weld the header back on. The proma also needs the 3rd mounting point that attaches to a head stud, so it's extra tricky to line up.

TBH the magnum stock exhaust is already pretty good, it's not a chamber pipe but it does have really good low end. If you can bump the compression a bit, 15 bing, and tune the clutch it makes a really solid 35 mph bike with good torque. Megan bandit had that setup on an orange pinto back in like 2006 that absolutely murdered hills and got up to 40 with a quickness

Also had to creep your profile a minute, Mankato huh? I'm over in eau Claire now, when you get it finished you should pop up to mpls for a ride, they have a pretty solid crew up there.

https://www.treatland.tv/MLM-puch-magnum-techno-EDM-pipe-angle-port-p/mlm-pipe-magnum-401292.htm

If you keeling the cylinder I would run this one. Better baffle and modified for angle port. All the party of a proma but better and still around the cost of an estoril. (edited)

Totally normal JBOT /

I think you might be better off just to do a little bit of porting and surfacing of the head.

If you don't run an expansion chamber you can get away with pretty high compression.

So here's some good specs for your stock exhaust and 15 mm carb.

So this is what you should do get a intake manifold that has a smooth bend in it.

Your piston Port timing should be about 135° to 138 degrees.

Shimmy your cylinder up 1 mm to raise the transfer ports.

But if you're patient want to open up the transfer ports you want to get those in about a 120 to a 122° range.

And your exhaust Port timing in the range of 160° to 164°.

That should get you close to about three and a half horsepower and you should be able to cruise close to 40 mph with your stock exhaust.

And set your timing at 18°, you might even be able to get away with 19° since you're not running a pipe just watch your temps (edited)

Oh nice!!! I didn't even see this one

Totally normal JBOT /

Set your timing and things up like that and then you can just slip an estral pipe on there and probably Cruise 45 all day.

You will need to up jet some and might need to change the needle

Bring your timing down to 17° when running the expansion chamber.

And you will probably need to do a little filing on the bottom of this slide to adjust the idle mix.

Just look up the old crazy Wayne profile with all the links and information.

> Erin L Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Oh nice!!! I didn't even see this one

🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻

Totally normal JBOT /

And you can always put an ALT kit on it the Thomas cylinders have the same angle on the exhaust port.

It's a reed kit but it will give you much more lower RPM torque than a piston port.

The Magnums have that 21 mm exhaust header so it should do about 43 mph 245 if you raise the exhaust port a millimeter and a half or so

neither get a estoril

Probably Fred /

> josh n Wrote:

> neither get a estoril

Silly noob, a estoril is for flat port cylinder on a maxi not angle port cylinder on a magnum

To install on a magnum cylinder will require cut and weld or heat and bend and the header and hope doesn’t deform or break

Totally normal JBOT /

folks with Mediocre skills would have those problems.

And they usually complain about the high price of parts.

I find it really easy to just heat these up with a little map gas bolted to the old cylinder clamped in a vise.

Just heat it up like you're annealing it give a little pull in the direction it needs to go remove from the cylinder and see how it fits.

Sorry if I uncomplicated your complex world there Ralphman

> Probably Fred Wrote:

> > josh n Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > neither get a estoril

>

> Silly noob, a estoril is for flat port cylinder on a maxi not angle port

> cylinder on a magnum

>

> To install on a magnum cylinder will require cut and weld or heat and

> bend and the header and hope doesn’t deform or break

theres this thing called a torch and a vice, you can bend things to fit

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account