78 Honda pa1 carb question

Steven Bolduc /

I have a stock pa, 50-1, I have a vm20 carb

And custom intake from treats and that

I would like too know if I can jet it down

And get it too run good? Or should go back too original carb. The mlm intake are new I just ran it for a minute. Thx in advance steven.

IMG_20210726_173041.jpg

Re: 78 Honda pa1 carb question

Are you using the stock reedblock? PA50i's are sooooooo restricted that I am still baffled by the VM20 on this one. If you got it to run and ride at all as is I'd be shocked

Steven Bolduc /

Yes the original reed block, but treats said

It would work for pa1-,pa2 kitted or original. I have PA 2 motor ln a parts bike

That I should have used.

> Steven Bolduc Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Yes the original reed block, but treats said

>

> It would work for pa1-,pa2 kitted or original. I have PA 2 motor ln a

> parts bike

>

> That I should have used.

I mean it will work, but it just doesn't really make a ton of sense for you to do. The stock carb is 10mm. The stock reedblock/reeds is a single reed pedal. If you had swapped reedblocks and exhausts you could probably get it to run with a stock cylinder. But a combination of reeds, exhaust, and cylinder restrictions make it difficult to tune such a huge carb.

I ran my pa50i hobbit with a DR kit, proma pipe, pa50ii reedblock and TJT variator with the stock 10mm carb without much issue. I eventually put a 19 PHBG on it but still; carb upgrade is usually the last thing on the checklist in terms of performance

Steven Bolduc /

I'm putting on a sh, and put the other setup on my pa2.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account