HHO on a moped, has anyone ever tried it?.

Justin La Plante /

I build HHO systems for home and auto but I've never put one on a motorcycle or moped.

I'd like to make my test subject the Kromag and see if HHO injection to the air intake will have a similar effect as on my element.

The main issue would be heat. I had to expand my element's air intake and ad heat sinks to keep the temperature down. In pre-obd vehicles the added heat doesnt cause much of a problem as long as the air intake is clean and the HHO flow is well regulated.

On a two stroke moped, its going to increase the heat significantly.

Since it is a moped there would also be a lot of movement in the tanks.

First idea is to make a flow-through HHO reaction tank with copper tube instead of plates or wire and let it drip off the reacting water as a feeder tank drips in fresh water. Also attach heat sinks to the reaction tank.

This will keep the tank temperature down.

The power would have to come from a charged 12v battery with a PWM.

For pressure I was thinking of making a gravity compressor with blowbacks on both sides.

I Figure that the oil mix should be increased a bit. If a moped can work on HHO without drying out or over heating, maybe it could run with just hydrogen and an oil drip from the gas line.

hhomoped.jpg

Re: HHO on a moped, has anyone ever tried it?.

Probably Fred /

Good luck getting the jetting/air fuel mix on a small displacement, low horsepower engine correct throughout the range with a carburetor, If using computerized fuel injection the oxygen sensor will get blocked up quick with two cycle deposits But Yeah I think you should do it/build it and while you’re at it you might as well put a turbocharger on too.

or you could put really powerful magnets on the front wheel that pull the really powerful magnets in the back wheel

free energy perpetual moped!

Nano Vujkovic /

I watched YouTube Chanel project farm. He tested hho system on different engines and concluded there is no significant improvement. The test seemed legit.

♣Slew Foot♣ /

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Welding gas...

Stick a regenerative bike hub on it or two...

Oh no WAY!

this is brilliant, level 1000, the dedication, the character, the website holy shit. THIS IS THE STUFF I DREAM OF!

thank you for existing

HHO! I'm crying, this is so good. Why didn't I think of this?!

I just put a separate electric hub motor but never considered using the battery energy to generate a tiny amount of additional fuel from electrolysis. What a brilliantly foolish idea. But, fuck a battery and compressor, just strap some oxyacetylene tanks on there if you want a nearly unusable additional oxy-fuel source to "improve" combustion. Holy shit please make an HHO system. YOU ARE THE ONE!

YOU ARE THE GUY!

Speaking to Papa's point above,

do you think a magnet would help the HHO Magnecules get drawn inside the engine?

please do this please, goddamn i feel like Morpheus when he found Neo. Like you may not know it yet but you could be the one!

Justin La Plante /

Yeah, HHO injection is definitely a no-go. It has been tried. Compression is to low to introduce hydrogen without to much heat or drying out the cylinders.

So, now im thinking, just scrap the engine all together and go back to traditional locomotion and electric.

Keep the original HHO to gravity compressor

Fire up the feed and power a .5hp sterling engine

Use that to turn an alternator

Use that to power a 1.5HWH battery

Use that to power lights, USB and a 5hp electric motor

todd amundson /

What the fuck is hho?

Ain’t nobody told us goons yet. I think I read the whole post through?

Is this a nuclear thing?

> todd amundson Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> What the fuck is hho?

>

> Ain’t nobody told us goons yet. I think I read the whole post through?

>

> Is this a nuclear thing?

It's basically a cool idea that doesn't really work. There is no way to cheaply convert water into combustible fuel at any usable level right now.

https://jalopnik.com/this-is-what-happens-when-you-use-an-hho-generator-in-a-1846912155

It will likely never be feasible thanks to the laws of physics; you're always gonna spend much more energy in converting the water to HHO than you get out.

https://www.nature.com/articles/news070910-13 (edited)

Dang laws of thermodynamics, always foiling my plans.

but there's sometimes excess electricity, we could use solar and wind and at times of high production and low demand use the excess to fill batteries and then use the batteries to power electrolysis and then use the electrolysis products ('scuse me, "HHO") as combustion fuel to power a sterling engine and then use the sterling engine to create electricity that can charge an on-board battery that can be converted into forward motion via electric hub motor

fuckin easy!

why use a dumb internal combustion engine when you can convert energy from solar to chemical to hydrogen (and oxygen!) to heat to motion to electricity to chemical to electricity again to power a wheel.

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> but there's sometimes excess electricity, we could use solar and wind

> and at times of high production and low demand use the excess to fill

> batteries and then use the batteries to power electrolysis and then use

> the electrolysis products ('scuse me, "HHO") as combustion fuel to power

> a sterling engine and then use the sterling engine to create electricity

> that can charge an on-board battery that can be converted into forward

> motion via electric hub motor

>

> fuckin easy!

>

> why use a dumb internal combustion engine when you can convert energy

> from solar to chemical to hydrogen (and oxygen!) to heat to motion to

> electricity to chemical to electricity again to power a wheel.

Shit if you could harvest all of the energy lost due to heat losses and other inefficiencies at each of those steps and just use that, then we might be on to something!

♣Slew Foot♣ /

Not me I want a linear inline chain w magnets as the motor running down a electronic solid-state chain guide.

If you had the power to make a single mixed gas out of water sure. If you had that power tho you could just replace the spark plug with a microwave emitter and vaporize the water to superheated steam.

Great now they'll find me dead of alcohol poisoning under a bridge in Denmark...

There I said it...

Justin La Plante /

> todd amundson Wrote:

> What the fuck is hho?

>

> Ain’t nobody told us goons yet. I think I read the whole post through?

>

> Is this a nuclear thing?

HHO is a tuner's term for oxyhydrogen from water Electrolysis.

You can find a lot of HHO generator tank kits online for full size cars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144080486291?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid=144080486291&targetid=1263094004306&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9018942&poi=&campaignid=13918213824&mkgroupid=125280046055&rlsatarget=pla-1263094004306&abcId=9300614&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwgISIBhBfEiwALE19SfZFEZE9PtxBYvCteN-nO9phV6BSYNhiqY9fUIKc0lamJcA29KTFkxoCFU8QAvD_BwE

Hook them of to a PWM from a 6 to 12amp feed and you get a flow of pure hydrogen that you shoot into your air intake.

The added combustion forces your car to burn all of the gas instead of leaving 15% in the exhaust, keeps everything super clean and adds 5 to 15mpg depending on how big your vehicle is.

the exhaust even starts dripping water from recombined hydrogen.

This is the very first one I built:

Super easy. Just have to change out the water every 60 miles or have a fresh cycle tank on it.

Also a cool way to make reusable stage flash pots.

You sprinkle some magnesium onto the bubbles then use a grill lighter on a foot pedal to ignite.

15% of your gas is unburnt? I'd never run that lean, I make sure at least 50% of my gas is unburnt so that I can light the tailpipe and blow flames out the back.

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

tenor.gif

Totally normal JBOT /

Conspiracy theorists love hho.

Fucking adore it. Do your research sheeple

Justin La Plante /

> JBUTT poopie pants Wrote:

> Conspiracy theorists love hho.

>

> Fucking adore it. Do your research sheeple

Because NO ONE uses hydrogen.

It doesn't even work!

https://interestingengineering.com/icelandair-among-airlines-making-the-switch-to-hydrogen-fuel

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/hydrogen-house/

You've been smoking to much elon musk crack.

Go blow your load on some crypto and burn down a few more million acres before you die.

You are only here because you need me to have something to justify being swamped in bitchcraft and to fart that egomaniacle drivel at someone. I don't need you but it is funny. (edited)

Totally normal JBOT /

Your stupid ass hho water thing doesn’t do shit in a car or a generator or a moped. Cry about it

Justin La Plante /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

>

HAH!, the used the cheapest possible dry cell you can get without a PWM, tiny POS bubbler with no wash, put his generator and tank components in the engine compartment, no run through to refresh the tanks or clean them without having to pull them entirely and using the cheap appliance hose that comes with the kits.

All rookie mistakes.

WTH, did he get 35%? you MAYBE get 10MPG or more out of one of these if you are running it on a tiny car. Mainly, it is to get a few extra miles and get a cleaner burn.

Totally normal JBOT /

Conspiracy colitis loves Uber

Justin La Plante /

> JBUTT pissed his pants Wrote:

> Your stupid ass hho water thing doesn’t do shit in a car or a generator

> or a moped. Cry about it

awwww,... you don't waste any time wasting time. I admire the commitment but we both know you have more important things to do.

Call your kids and let them know how dad has been.

Totally normal JBOT /

Your stupid insults never work.

Just like hho on a car or a moped

Totally normal JBOT /

You guys are all so similar, if your silly project is tested and others can not replicate, oh they’re beginners and are just making mistakes. It really DOES WORK REALLY BRO PLEASE BELIEVE ME BRO PLEASE, A SCIENTIST WHO FIGURED THIS ALL OUT WAS KILLED BY THE OIL COMPANIES BRO REALLY BRO ITS TRUE

it’s always a conspiracy when evidence doesn’t prove what you say. You know better smart guy great job

Justin La Plante /

> Born to be WillD Wrote:

> Speaking to Papa's point above,

>

> do you think a magnet would help the HHO Magnecules get drawn inside the

> engine?

To that point, NO

Filtering with magnets is only needed if you have metal in your feed.

I'm going to focus on converting a moped to a hydrogen locomotive to power an electric motor. After some table top testing.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account