puch polini max power

Stefan Josheski /

how much hp have people gotten out of polini's? With what setup? Just out of interest, injured my leg a bit while mountain biking and now I get to sit home all day with nothing to do.

Re: puch polini max power

how many people have a dyno?

Stefan Josheski /

not a lot, but the real question would be how many have access to dyno. But still there should be some who have dyno'd some polini's (edited)

Probably Fred /

Probably sure if you have a big pipe, big carburetor, big reeds, ported cylinder, race crank and special electronic race ignition you could probably get 20 hp and it would last for a few races at least

But I prefer mild more reliable streetable build like this with non ported cylinder, stock Polini intake, derestricted estoril pipe, 15mm bing, duel stage reed plate and stock ignition. 57-58 mph with wind resistance and 200 pounds on it is pretty fast so that’s probably like 8.5-10 hp on the guesstimate butt dyno ha ha

There was a local shop a while back that dynoed bikes but it was for big sreet bikes. They said their equipment was too big for a moped and didn’t have that low of a scale to get a accurate reading.

I too would like to know how much HP and torque my other polini and gila kit bikes make (at a reasonable cost of course)

Anyone ever run the gtech on a moped?

It’s supposed to be very accurate. Hell, with a good cell phone app and accurate weight of bike and rider, you should be able to calculate hp.

Anyone know how to do that?

20hp is wild.

> LSLB RXb Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 20hp is wild.

Ya….I would say 8hp built right. I have Dyno access and going to try a few bikes. Have not had the opportunity caus Covid, friend who owns the Dyno had a bad motorcycle accident ……and going on vacation for a few weeks but plan on doing some dyno nights at my friends shop when I get back. One of the bikes I planned on doing was my modestly ported Polini with phbg21, 4 pedal Reed block, HPI and just an estoril. People talk numbers but unless you have a properly setup Dyno to show results it doesn’t have any meaning. I’ll write all the stuff up when I do. Where is the Motomatic data in the interwebs they used a Polini for testing pipes I think 🤔

motomaticmopeds.com/blog/?p=811

Wow that was quick internets are craZy (edited)

10C5D4DE-4DD4-422E-A84E-82525086AE79.jpeg

And this is why I run the N8P on my Gila….

Probably Fred /

There is a big difference between Rear wheel horsepower and crank horsepower Mopeds are rated at engine/crank horsepower not rear wheel hp. I would imagine that 10 hp at the crank/flywheel would be around seven or eight at the rear wheel Or something like that.

A puch za50 engine bike has like 10 or more bearing surfaces counting the rear wheel Plus Additional rotating shafts and clutches and chain sprockets/drive to suck horsepower, A e50 is less like 6 bearings counting wheel, only one shaft but it also has chain and sprocket drive.

It would be cool to know how much horsepower was being made at the flywheel and then rear wheel for comparison.

Jurrian Mulder /

You're never gonna get 20hp out of a polini 65ccm.... Even with a heavily modified athena 70ccm I managed to get 17.8hp at the wheel.

Fly wheel horsepower wHo In DA fuck actually measureS or cares about that? Stop googling horse power readings.

It is all about what the bike puts down on the road.

Stefan Josheski /

almost 18hp is still amazing compared to the stock 2hp, I could imagine it scary fast

> Stefan Josheski Wrote:

> almost 18hp is still amazing compared to the stock 2hp, I could imagine

> it scary fast

Like, 9 times faster.

Totally normal JBOT /

> Probably Fred Wrote:

> Probably sure if you have a big pipe, big carburetor, big reeds, ported

> cylinder, race crank and special electronic race ignition you could

> probably get 20 hp and it would last for a few races at least.

Damn Ralphman you're really losing your mind it's bad enough you just keep cutting and pasting the same articles thousands of times over.

And you prefer mediocre builds which is fine for those who prefer mediocrity in life.

BUT CLAIMING 20 HORSEPOWER OUT OF A POLINI ON AN E50 YOU'VE TOTALLY LOST TOUCH WITH REALITY.

🤪🤣😂😜🤪😃😄😁🤣😭😜🤪😂😜🤔

Probably Fred /

> Fake Crazy Wayne Wrote:

> > Probably Fred Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > Probably sure if you have a big pipe, big carburetor, big reeds,

> ported

>

> > cylinder, race crank and special electronic race ignition you could

>

> > probably get 20 hp and it would last for a few races at least.

>

> Damn Ralphman you're really losing your mind it's bad enough you just

> keep cutting and pasting the same articles thousands of times over.

>

> And you prefer mediocre builds which is fine for those who prefer

> mediocrity in life.

>

> BUT CLAIMING 20 HORSEPOWER OUT OF A POLINI ON AN E50 YOU'VE TOTALLY LOST

> TOUCH WITH REALITY.

>

> 🤪🤣😂😜🤪😃😄😁🤣😭😜🤪😂😜🤔

Saying Probably 20 hp is not claiming! 20 hp

Just because you’ve seen my actual, not mediocre and not made a bull crap over and over doesn't mean Other new people like the OP have seen it before!

When you think about it There is race bikes that have 50cc cylinders that are getting 20 hp so why can’t you get it out of 64 cc ? But I never said I did it

There’s no need to take new videos of 55-60 mph bikes that go a few mph faster now just to please you so you’re not bored Sorry!

Totally normal JBOT /

Oh now we're back tracking damn Ken that's all you ever do.

Is your son typing this all out for you as usual I suspect.

Lol

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account