50v with av10 motor flexing problem

Alan Jackson /

ive got it accelerating insanely fast compared to original

thanks to -82 cc's doppler streetcup pipe 19mm carb etc

but i can detect something flexing during the first 3 seconds of acceleration. then it disappears.

can anyone suggest what it most likely is? what are the weak areas of 50v's?

its definitely not front end, and it seems to be coming from rear of engine to back wheel. like a vibration or flexing ? im aware of what it could be but i can imagine there is always one area that need beefing up.

thanks

Re: 50v with av10 motor flexing problem

Check your motor mounts

Hmm. Chain tension is what I'd check first. Then follow the chain of events from clutch grabbing to belt to pulley/front sprocket to chain to rear wheel sprocket and look for possible source of flex.

X2 on the motor mounts and you can start with the easy (!) one--the lower one--is almost always bad and it will allow the engine to move due to torque, then that starts a domino effect of the upper ones going bad. That's my theory, anyway. It's always worth searching Rebel Moby's posts on the wiki and under the search for the repair forum--tons of good stuff in his posts.

50mm/82cc Parma kit? If so you need to reinforce the motor mount area. I had to use I think it was 1" flat steel. If not that setup IS going to rip your motor mounts off of the frame. Well at least mine almost did before I caught it then I had to do double work to correct it.......

Alan Jackson /

thanks for that chaps i took it to a bike repair shop and he reckoned it could simply be the belt slipping and decribed it as more of a juddering

and stephen can you go into a bit more detail about where to reinforce the motor mount area? are there any pics on here?

its got enough power to get up to 50mph gps in just 260 metres

ive used rebels sound advice a few times on contra spring stiffening etc.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account