Hello Bat fans,
i got lots of informations from this site, so i like to share the work on this Starflite.
I'am nearly 60 with 115kf, so i need some power and, very important, variator.
First i reworked Zylinder and clutch. With SHA 15/15 it runs good, but in higher speed, to mouch rpm.
I bought a Doppler clutch pulley, Doppler variator, Airsal cylinder 47mm and crankshaft.
The crankshaft was a little to wide, i decided to get the engine case wider, not the crankshaft smaller.
The advantage is, you get a bigger reed block in it!
I had an old engine case and cutted a slice of about 6mm to make the case wider.
Distance peace for the cylinder, formed the 3rd intake channel/overflow. Bored the right distance for the bolts in cylinder and used a head from Peugeot 103 Pollini.
Cutted the cooling fins, so the match all together. There were some absence fins on the MBK AV10 cylinder, i glued them with JB weld. After that, painted the cylinder and glasblasted the head. Looks very original! I didn't like the engine swinging for the variator, like mbk or Peugeot, so i built 2 belt tensioner, connected with a spring.
The reed block is printed nylon, with a distance piece, to get it longer as well as wider. With carbin parts from Malossi, cutted in right form. The intake i made from steel, one for 19mm Dellorto, one for the SHA 15/15 or max 16/16. The SHA looks small, what is important here, for not to go in jail ;-)
At first all run with a cheap china ignition, but now with MVT Millenium with digimax. The city is very powerfull from low rpm, love it! Max speed is about 55km/h or 60 with waiting a bit. But that is not the goal. I live in a hill area and go up the hills with 50, that is perfect now!!