Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umph

Julien M /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Hey everybody,

Thanks to everyone that offered advice! Thanks Mike for recommending I contact Rebel Moby. I did, and he's given me some sage advice already including a suggestion for modding the exhaust.

Also, thanks Jesse. You've been very helpful in this thread, as well as many older threads I've found on the Moby 7! I've looked around online and posted in the buy/sell forum and couldn't find any of the 15mm intakes. So I took it to a machine shop, and the guy should be calling me back pretty soon about whether he can bore it out safely or not. So, hopefully a 15.15 SHA is in my near future. Also, thanks for the explanation on the cylinder kits. I was wondering why I always saw the 75cc and 50cc kits at the same price while the 70cc kit at $25 more, but the vibration explains it.

To Hugh, based on the wiki it is mostly an av7. I think the main difference is just the cylinder head since it mounts differently. I was actually offered an av7 from someone in a PM, so you're not the first person to suggest that.

I'm still in the process of disassembling everything to check gaskets, seals, bearings, clean, regrease and all that fun stuff. Those damn motor mounts are just warping the washers on my homemade tool (help me PB Blaster, you're my only hope)! Now I guess I just gotta decide if I want to kit it or not, but if I'm replacing gaskets anyways it's certainly tempting...

Thanks for all the help and advice. It truly is a weird, but awesome little bike! I'm already used to car forums so I try to do as much reading as possible before asking questions, but you dudes have been very patient and helpful so thanks for that. Loving the moped community so far!

Thanks again, and feel free to keep dropping advice/suggestions on this thread if you want!

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.
Subject Written By Posted
  New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphTopic by: Julien M Julien M 07/09/21 02:20PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/09/21 03:08PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Julien M Julien M 07/09/21 04:12PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Mike Boyd Mike Boyd 07/09/21 04:23PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Julien M Julien M 07/09/21 05:08PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Aaron Blair Aaron Blair 07/10/21 06:27AM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Julien M Julien M 07/10/21 03:05PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Jesse Stephenson Jesse Stephenson 07/10/21 05:12PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Julien M Julien M 07/12/21 01:22PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: pat splat pat splat 07/20/21 11:02PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: MPB Andyrew MPB Andyrew 07/22/21 09:11PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Julien M Julien M 07/22/21 09:45PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Jesse Stephenson Jesse Stephenson 07/21/21 12:49AM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Eric Davenport Eric Davenport 07/21/21 11:28AM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Jesse Stephenson Jesse Stephenson 07/21/21 01:53PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Hugh Mann Hugh Mann 07/21/21 02:08PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Julien M Julien M 07/22/21 02:10PM
  Re: New to mopeds - Could use help giving my Motobecane 7 more umphRe: Hugh Mann Hugh Mann 07/21/21 12:18PM

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account