I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

So I'm doing the moby mag swap, I have all the parts I think and I have new bearings coming in soon and I started wondering if I need anything other then what is listed or if any knowledge that might help.

Thanks

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Opps. can someone move this thread to general discussion?

Thanks

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Tweaker trash /

Why would you put moby mags on a maxi?

You could sell the moby ones, buy puch mags. have a super easy install and money leftover

I would put puch Mags on a moby!

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

> Tweaker trash Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> Why would you put moby mags on a maxi?

>

> You could sell the moby ones, buy puch mags. have a super easy install

> and money leftover

>

> I would put puch Mags on a moby!

Why not? cost less then snowflakes and they look much better then others I've seen so far.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Odd see if you can scrounge up some measurements. If you can be within a mm or 3 then you *could* just tighten the axles down. Any more and you need washers as spacers at the very least.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

I should add that they will be going on a pinto3.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Dirty30 Dillon /

1 big reason to not use Moby mags: 10mm axles and hard to find hub parts.

Of the 3 sets of Moby mags I've owned, all three had bent rear axles.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

I might have to play around with different bearings and 12mm axles, Keep me busy and out of some trouble.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

If my memory isn’t failing me, I think the front are easy to convert to 12mm but the rear wheel have two different sized bearings. One of which is very small and I don’t think there is an option for a 12mm id bearing.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Tweaker trash /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> 1 big reason to not use Moby mags: 10mm axles and hard to find hub

> parts.

>

> Of the 3 sets of Moby mags I've owned, all three had bent rear axles.

Dude 10mm axles are fine what are u talking about

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

After looking around I have found 12x26x8 and 12x30x9 bearings that might work with puch axles, It's worth a try since I already have the axles.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Dirty30 Dillon /

> Tweaker trash Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > 1 big reason to not use Moby mags: 10mm axles and hard to find hub

>

> > parts.

>

> >

>

> > Of the 3 sets of Moby mags I've owned, all three had bent rear axles.

>

> Dude 10mm axles are fine what are u talking about

What bike do you own with 10mm axles

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) /

> Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Tweaker trash Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > 1 big reason to not use Moby mags: 10mm axles and hard to find hub

>

> >

>

> > > parts.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Of the 3 sets of Moby mags I've owned, all three had bent rear

> axles.

>

> >

>

> > Dude 10mm axles are fine what are u talking about

>

> What bike do you own with 10mm axles

Besides his walmart Huffy

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Downhill Harvey (OFMC) /

orangerobin did that, it looked hot.

wiki is your friend,

https://mopedarmy.com/wiki/Put_Moby_Mags_on_a_Puch_Maxi

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Right now it's all aboot bearings but I just don't the time to do it.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Found the right bearings but it will cost aboot $150. to do it so the 10mm axles will work fine.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Jesse Nordlander /

i second that the 10mm moby axles are frequently bent. in fact all of the 5 i have been into have been.

Re: I'm Putting Moby Mags on a Puch Maxi

Tweaker trash /

> Brandon Weiss (Detective brandon to you) Wrote:

> -------------------------------------------------------

> > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> > > Tweaker trash Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > > > Dirty30 Dillon Wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > -------------------------------------------------------

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > 1 big reason to not use Moby mags: 10mm axles and hard to find hub

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > parts.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > >

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > > Of the 3 sets of Moby mags I've owned, all three had bent rear

>

> > axles.

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

> > > Dude 10mm axles are fine what are u talking about

>

> >

>

> > What bike do you own with 10mm axles

>

> Besides his walmart Huffy

Smoking crack on my huffy bike running for the police! Those days are over

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account